george43g

Question

Hi there,

I have been trying to log in to my blesta admin panel from my new laptop (my old laptop was stolen and i was offline for a couple of weeks) and I was on the free trial... except when I try to log in, it just says that my user/pass is invalid. I've checked the server logs and it shows that my login was a success so I assume my password is correct, so maybe it's a licensing issue? and if it is, would it be possible to request an extension on my free trial? Since my laptop was stolen I did not get to properly play around with blesta and experiment with using it for my customers.

Thanks, and kind regards

1 answer to this question

It shows the login is a success even if it's a fail. We have a task for that. Here's the basic rundown for getting back in:

To reset the staff password visit /admin/login and click the "Reset My Password" link. Enter your username, and click the "Reset Password" button. You should get an email with a password reset link within a few minutes.

If you don't get an email, ensure that your username is correct. In phpMyAdmin or other MySQL database utility, look in the users table. Your username should appear in the "username" column, typically where id equals 1, as the primary staff account is the first user to be created.

If that still doesn't work, you will need to temporarily enable legacy passwords. Please see [encryption](http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Configuration+Files#ConfigurationFiles-Encryption) in the user manual, specifically Blesta.auth_legacy_passwords and set it to true.

Then, in the users table for your username, update the password field to: 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99

Then, try logging in with your username and the password password. Reset your password.

Then, change Blesta.auth_legacy_passwords back to false.