Prorate upgrade/downgrade, smtp email issues

bocchun

Question

We are still testing a trial version but encounter a few issues and hope someone might be able to assist:

1/. When we test the prorate function, let's say we have 3 packages (Plan A, B, C) and each package have 3 month, 6month or 12month option.. if we upgrade plan A 12month to plan B 12month, the calculation seems to be correct. However, if upgrade from Plan A 12 months to Plan B 6 months (should only be $9 diff.) somehow the invoice creation shows customer owe more than $200.. (way off). Is this a bug or prorate plans must have the exact term? 

2/. When doing upgrade/downgrade, Blesta add the "setup" fee for each plans.. we only charge the initial setup fee and don't charge an upgrade fee (but charge a downgrade fee).. is there a way to specify that? or does each upgrade, it will add the "setup" fee per the plan selected?

3/. When using smtp to send email, no invoices is being delivered.. only way to work is with php mail (which is not prefer method). We test our server smtp function and also able to do that via commend line.. any idea why smtp setting is not working?

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance.

Best regards,

Boc

5 answers to this question

1. The term change takes affect at the next renewal. That might account for the discrepancy.

2. Blesta Addons is correct, however I will note that we are planning to add a feature to distinguish upgrades from downgrades such that you could only allow upgrades if you choose. A bit related to your question, but not sure it would be helpful to you.

3. Make sure your SMTP ports are open at your firewall, and check your logs. You can also enable error reporting in /config/blesta.php and try sending manually. Double check your settings under Settings > Company > Emails > Mail Settings. It's important that you have the right SMTP Security set for the port. For example, with Mailgun the settings are SMTP Security: TLS, SMTP Port: 587

Thanks for your replies. I currently setup 3 packages: Package A 3month $38.85, 6 month $77.70, 12month $129.99 Package B. 3 month $74.85, 6month $149.70, 12 month $244.95 Package C. 3 month $119.85, 6month $239.70, 12month $399.99 (all plans has a $25 setup fee)

Sales tax are 8.25%. A customer signed up for Package A @ 12 month $129.99 + $25 x 1.0825 (sales tax) = $167.78 and after we marked that payment as received. Now I go to "client" and select the account that was already paid, and click "manage", if I select package B for 12 months $244.95.. the calculation on the lower right corner displayed: subtotal: $139.65 Sales tax $11.52... total $151.17 

The number is close.. but not correct either.. since. ($244.95 + $25 setup) x 1.0825 = $292.22, customer already paid $167.77.. so the diff between the plan should be $124.45 (if you include the original setup fee) or $151.51 (if you not include the original setup fee and give $140.71 credit toward the upgrade). The later is $0.34 diff. (which still is an issue as it doesn't match with Quickbook's calculation).

However, if I change the plan from Package A 12 month to Package B 6 months (suppose to be $149.70, the calculation is way off. it display $191.51, sales tax $15.80 and total due by customer $207.31 which I have no clue how it calculate. 

Hope this give you enough info to trouble shoot.

Blesta is installed on the same server that provide smtp services, I will ask my system admin to review logs and enable error log and see if we find anything useful.. he tested our smtp services and simple script to make sure our smtp is working properly already. 

IF you apply the upgrade . Blesta will generate invoice with lines detailled about credit issue and price for new service. So you can compare them if they are correct .

IN our case the upgrade work as it should and note the credit issue is a pro rated ammount and not a complete .