Amazon AWS Automation

KenHC

I really like having the ability to set up client sites on my cPanel server automatically. It would be great to be able to set up specific services such as WordPress, or any of a number of additional options, and have my clients be able to manage them through the Blesta portal.

If you need additional clarification of this feature request, please do not hesitate to ask!

Similar to what Blesta Addons said, Blesta doesn't really setup anything.  It makes API calls to something which sets up the services.  Making a module to do these things is not that difficult however you need to be very specific as to what you need done. For example "Install Wordpress" could mean many things where "Install Wordpress via Softaculous on cpanel" is very specific and will allow people to help you.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the delay in clarification! Here are the things I'm looking for spelled out a bit better. As before, I'm open to clarifying questions!

• I'd like to be able to set up Amazon Web Services using Blesta, so that if a client wanted to set up Wordpress without an EC2 instance, that could be properly set up, and all the pieces they choose along the way, such as: domain registration, Route53, e-mail (Amazon Workmail), etc. Then, I wouldn't necessarily need cPanel running on an EC2 instance.
  • Being able to set up a cPanel account with blended services. By that I mean, moving e-mail off of the cPanel server and using Amazon Workmail instead. 
  • I'd like to be able to set up anything currently in my AWS portfolio to sell through the Blesta interface to my clients, and then automatically provision on AWS.

I think that covers what I'm thinking now. But it's getting late, and I was up late last night too!

• 2 years later...
20 hours ago, MozDoc said:

I see the last reply to this thread was 2017. I am looking for AWS provisioning also. I can do that with a module in WHMCS (a recent 2019 addition), but I want to move away from WHMCS. Any progress or direction would be greatly appreciated.

What do you sell with AWS? Lightsail? EC2 instances? Route53 DNS? They have so many products that it would be impossible to support them all. I've thought about a Lightsail module, it probably wouldn't be too difficult.. but it helps to understand what you are selling.

• 8 months later...