Blesat compatible accountacy software

MDHMatt

Question

12 answers to this question

22 hours ago, Licensecart said:

You can do a CSV export via the Billing > Reports but no accountancy software yet, I do want to get a Xero plugin done for when I go Ltd though if you are interested we could work something out and you can have a copy.

interesting. isnt there a thread about a xerox plugin somewhere?? you had any quotes?

also side note ive pm'd you

16 hours ago, Paul said:

What would Xero integration look like? It's something we would consider implementing with more details. Do you just want all your transactions to be sync'd with Xero? Or is it more involved than that?

Records all customers, invoices and transactions I believe mate :)
https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/api-overview

I have integrated Xero on our internal system (non blesta) and the flow is normally like this:

1. Choose your API application type (private, public, partner). The partner application type is normally best to use for integration as you can swap expired OAUTH tokens for new ones; public does not allow this so access is limited to 30 minutes then you have to re-auth
  2. When creating an invoice (you can pass the Blesta Invoice Number into Xero to keep the Invoice Number's in sycn), first check if client email exists as a contact on Xero, if it does not create a new contact in Xero and store the Xero Contact GUID, else get the Xero Contact GUID if exists
  3. Pass the stored Xero Contact GUID when creating the invoice and store the Xero Invoice GUID
  4. When recording a transaction you will need to create an Xero Payment record and Xero Invoice GUID, the Xero Account ID (the bank account ID or the account code) and the payment date and amount

Calls are GET, PUT, POST when connecting to the Xero XPI

If you have any questions just get in touch via private message or here

My scripts are currently .NET but I would be more than happy to work with anyone that would like to get a PHP implementation started, wouldn't be that difficult using CURL and passing the correct variables, etc...

Also re-reading the Xero docs as Blesta isn't a hosted solution the integration would need to be a "Private Application" type and pass the generated certificate in the authenticator request when accessing each Xero API