Staff Password Reset

rehostclub

Question

I locked myself out of the staff area, if I use the reset password option, I don't receive a reset email.

So, I'm now in phpmyadmin looking at the database for blesta3 and found the staff table, although it doesn't have a password or username field like the users table does. Where is the staff's username and passwords stored, or how do I reset it?

4 answers to this question

I locked myself out of the staff area, if I use the reset password option, I don't receive a reset email.

So, I'm now in phpmyadmin looking at the database for blesta3 and found the staff table, although it doesn't have a password or username field like the users table does. Where is the staff's username and passwords stored, or how do I reset it?

Find the user_id in the staff table, then look up that user_id in the users table.

The most common mistake for resetting passwords has been users entering their email address instead of their username when requesting a password reset. Be sure to use your username and you should receive the reset at the email address as listed in the users table.

In the event that you still don't receive the reset message, check the log_email table for the message. If it's in there you can copy/paste the URL out of the message into your browser.

Thought I'd contribute another solution to this.  I locked myself out of a test instance and didn't have smtp setup to get reset emails.  This worked:

1. Request a password reset through the web interface

2. Access the database and copy the reset url and hash from the body_text field of the log_emails table

3. Paste the url into your browser and reset the password.

Hope this saves you some time.