WHMCS to Blesta

ahughes

Question

Hello,

I'm looking to move over from WHMCS to Blesta and do a full migration of current WHMCS data. I need to know if the following are supported in Blesta please!

• G2A Payment Gateway
  • Stripe Payment Token Gateway - including current recurring agreements
  • Existing PayPal IPN recurring payment profiles
  • Full TCAdmin support, which includes:
    • Marrying up the product ID with the TCAdmin billing ID (automatically when importing) as WHMCS has a product IT which matches what's in TCAdmin
    • Hostname, Public Password, Private Password, Location, Slots, CPU Priority, Default Port Options
    • SSO between Blesta and TCAdmin
  • Multicraft Support, which includes:
    • Marrying up the Server ID into the customers Blesta Product ID
    • Full Multicraft support (creation/suspension/termination/jar etc)
  • Ability to have promotional codes for specific product options, ie.
    • We have server player slots priced, and locations at $0 - we want it so that when a particular location is chosen, it can have a discount in % applied to the overall product price.
  • Knowledge Base import from WHMCS
  • Support Tickets and full data import from WHMCS
  • Theme integration 

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, ahughes said:

I can't test half of what I asked, I've also emailed sales with zero response.

when did you? @Paul

• G2A Payment Gateway - no
  • Stripe Payment Token Gateway - including current recurring agreements - no tokens aren't supported yet but you can tick don't store on Blesta.
  • Existing PayPal IPN recurring payment profiles - no you can on PayPal and clients can set-up subs.
  • Full TCAdmin support, which includes:
    • Marrying up the product ID with the TCAdmin billing ID (automatically when importing) as WHMCS has a product IT which matches what's in TCAdmin
    • Hostname, Public Password, Private Password, Location, Slots, CPU Priority, Default Port Options
    • SSO between Blesta and TCAdmin - Yes but not sure as I haven't tested TCAdmin as it's confusing.
  • Multicraft Support, which includes:
    • Marrying up the Server ID into the customers Blesta Product ID
    • Full Multicraft support (creation/suspension/termination/jar etc) - Yes but not sure as I haven't tested it see: http://videos.blesta.com/video/97235149
  • Ability to have promotional codes for specific product options, ie.
    • We have server player slots priced, and locations at $0 - we want it so that when a particular location is chosen, it can have a discount in % applied to the overall product price. - No I don't think so yet, Blesta will be revamping this so I suggest you post a comment on our feature request: 
  • Knowledge Base import from WHMCS - No
  • Support Tickets and full data import from WHMCS - Yes
  • Theme integration - No you have to do it manually or pay someone: https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3642-blesta-integration-33x-advanced/

Stripe tokens are supported, just not via stripe.js. Blesta can store a token or the encrypted card, it's your choice. Our Multicraft module is the best.

@ahughes Is everything on your list a deal breaker? The only things that stand out to me are G2A (never heard of it, but possible to implement), and the config option for location producing a discount for the whole product. Does whmcs do that out of the box currently? What I would do is have a location drop down and an additional price associated with non-discounted regions such that your package price is the lowest possible price, and you charge extra for certain locations. This will accomplish the same thing.

On 19/07/2017 at 9:34 AM, ahughes said:

Knowledge Base import from WHMCS

@PaulThis should be implemented in the import or create a helper plugin for it , is not a complicated task .

18 hours ago, Paul said:

and the config option for location producing a discount for the whole product. Does whmcs do that out of the box currently

Yes, From admin side in promotions page

For all upgrade promotion codes, the 'Applies To' field defines the products that the promotion applies to For product upgrades/downgrades, 'Requires' can also be used to restrict the products being upgraded from And for configurable option upgrades/downgrades, you can select the specific options to apply the discount to below If you set a discount value & enable recurring above, then the upgrade promo will also give a recurring discount to the parent product  .

On 7/28/2017 at 6:53 PM, Paul said:

Stripe tokens are supported, just not via stripe.js. Blesta can store a token or the encrypted card, it's your choice. Our Multicraft module is the best.

@ahughes Is everything on your list a deal breaker? The only things that stand out to me are G2A (never heard of it, but possible to implement), and the config option for location producing a discount for the whole product. Does whmcs do that out of the box currently? What I would do is have a location drop down and an additional price associated with non-discounted regions such that your package price is the lowest possible price, and you charge extra for certain locations. This will accomplish the same thing.

Thanks. Currently playing around with Blesta however it's producing a white screen on the installer (mid way through, I've applied the PHP7 fix). I'm booting up another QA web server to test. 

Regarding G2A, they're a payment processor (https://pay.g2a.com/) who are fairly popular for South America and Asia, as they don't charge extortionate fees for those regions, and they accept lots of local payment processors and banks.  WHMCS doesn't allow discounting based on configurable options, you have to hack it into the basket using the .tpl and .php files - not something we like to do. It would be very much appreciated if this was a native option. (Having a base price and +$ for most locations is not especially great from a marketing standpoint). 

NB: Does TCAdmin transfer relatively well from WHMCS to Blesta?

Hey guys, anyone have a guide or article handy on how to import Stripe data to use in Blesta? context: I have active Stripe subscriptions on another recurring billing system and I would like to import their payment data to apply to the replacing Blesta package. I can have the customers sign up all over again, though the idea is to make the process as seamless as possible and only do this as a last resort.

-what data is required for manual Stripe imports?
-which tables would this data be install into?

P.S. I apologize if this is thread jacking - just seemed relevant!

I see that the Stripe gateway does use tokens, but one thing I have been searching for and isn't answered, or stated plainly anywhere is: Does your server need to be PCI compliant if you use the Stripe gateway? By the looks of it and according to Stripe it does.

The Blesta Stripe gateway sends CC numbers directly with the API which is not the assumption when using the Stripe gateway as most platforms that have Stripe integration send credit card numbers via Stripe.js or Stripe Checkout.

Is there any progress on this so Stripe can be used without having to enable the "not recommended" setting in Stripe and having to be PCI compliant? I think this could be done pretty easily and not change much in the back end but previous posts make it seem like it's a huge task.

I think this clarified could help a ton.

Personally, I don't see the PCI compliance issue, particularly in my situation where everything is communicated via SSL, we don't store the cards and we typically add a new credit card every 30 days.

BUT, Stripe is sending mixed messages, on one hand they tell me I am using untokenized credit cards to their API: https://imgur.com/AgwYL9A

On the other hand, when I go to https://dashboard.stripe.com/account/integration/settings they tell me "Good news! You’re using tokenized payment information to securely process payments on Stripe and keep your cardholder’s information safe."

My concern is that one day I am going to find that Stripe refuses to process our transactions due to the untokenized credit card issue.

6 hours ago, BlestaStore said:

It's not tokens yet but Blesta doesn't store information on the installation if you check the box. You don't need to be PCI compliant as it worked fine for me before when I used it.

Doesn't Blesta still store the last 4, card type, and expiry date regardless? If so you still has to be compliance.  

Even Stripe says so even if your not storing their data

3 hours ago, MineHarvest66 said:

Doesn't Blesta still store the last 4, card type, and expiry date regardless? If so you still has to be compliance.  

Even Stripe says so even if your not storing their data

I don't believe they did I had a load of customers using cards but only the old ones before I checked that box. I could be wrong though I use Square now.

The current Stripe integration processes payments server-side, so the card number passes through the server even if it is not storing it for any length of time after the payment is processed. The current integration also stores the last four digits of the card number in the transaction for reference. If you have Blesta configured to store card information offsite with Stripe, then client payment accounts will not store the card number on the server.

11 hours ago, katycomputer said:

Tyson, I have sympathy for your explanation. The problem we face is Stripe's request that we use their new technology or complete a painful PCI compliance process.

I agree with katycomputer. Tyson - it seems like the Blesta team is just trying to blow this off like it's normal. I get it that many direct merchant accounts operate like this and require more for PCI compliance but I think one of the reasons so many people go with Stripe is so that isn't worry.

It should be very obvious to the devs when they have to instruct users to go change the "not reccomended" setting in their Stripe account in order for this to work.

I think changing the gateway to comply should be pretty straight forward. I realize I'm not a dev but knowing about this for a long time it should have been done by now. Especially with the warning starting in October from Stripe.

@katycomputer

On 2/10/2018 at 9:10 AM, katycomputer said:

My concern is that one day I am going to find that Stripe refuses to process our transactions due to the untokenized credit card issue.

I think this is exactly what will happen. If Stripe figures out you are using the gateway this way, they will eventually require the FULL PCI documentation and if not completed will stop processing transactions

@Tyson - Any thoughts on how soon this could get fixed??

45 minutes ago, katycomputer said:

I bet it gets fixed sooner if those of us that care about Stripe vote for this feature:
https://requests.blesta.com/topic/stripe-pci-compliance

Devs are not going to fix something that no one cares about!

I have updated the request title and added a comment. We'll revisit this soon. The solution isn't simply updating the Stripe gateway to use stripe.js, but rather a change to the core gateway system is required to allow the gateway to essentially bypass Blesta. The change isn't trivial, and we need to consider how other gateways that behave similarly work so it can be as inclusive as possible.

I found the Stripe Plus Gateway - It looks promising and initial testing looks like it uses Stripe properly

Seems to be somewhat more updated. I unchecked the "process payments unsafely" in Stripe, set this up and it's able to save credit cards (test) and process payments. It appears to be done quite well. 

I perfectly fine using a 3rd party gateway especially if it's more up to date. Also could this help the Blesta devs implement it as a solution? Because it doesn't look like @Cherry rewrote the whole payment system, just implemented the Stripe gateway as it should have been done in the first place. 

I haven't dug into the code or anything to see how it works but this is looking promising again. My only worry is using this gateway and some day converting back to the blesta gateway and having trouble linking up tokens, etc.