Credit card gateway advise

fossxplorer

Question

I'm looking to support credit card/debit/visa as my current Paypal account won't do that. I tried to create a Paypal Payflow account, but it's asking for a processor i don't have.

Is there any other simpler gateways i can use? I need one that's quick to get started and that doesn't take too much of fee of payments from customers.

Any advise appreciated. Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Thanks for you replies all!

I'm located in Norway, but clients paying from all around the world experience problem with Paypal's CC checkout. It only works from certain countries. I think that's what @Licensecart meant by location dependency?

Stripe: thanks for the advise, i'll try to apply, IIRC, they denied me once some years ago. The reason was "we don't support this kind of business"  or something.

5 hours ago, fossxplorer said:

Stripe: thanks for the advise, i'll try to apply, IIRC, they denied me once some years ago. The reason was "we don't support this kind of business"  or something.

They don't like to accept payments for darknet vendors :P haha, only kidding. I agree with others, Stripe is probably your best bet, maybe be a little more vague about what you're offering. If you know what they don't like, use it to your advantage.

Yeah, guys so i followed your advice and created an account at Stripe without any issues! And today, i received my first payment through Stripe, not bad.

Right now i'm very very happy since we've never been able to offer customers CC payments due to f*** Paypal filtering out many countries for using CC. We had quite some customers asking for payment with CC since many simply don't like using Paypal for different reasons.

@paul, no we don't do any kind of darknet business :P  It's cloud storage hosting we are doing :)

We are now even more happy using Blesta  really!  It seems much better than WHMCS on many fields, at least for our use case. Yes, i struggled quite some time to get started with POSTing from Universal module etc, but now things are falling into place.

Btw, recently i came over http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/billing-accounting/41870-blesta-replacing-whmcs.html

I really hope we prove those ppl's "Blesta will never be on par with WHMCS" thinking wrong.

@Licensecart Is the domain manager coming with a new release? Any more info about it?