User data mixup!

jmf421

I just had a new client register in Blesta. Another client of mine sent me an email and said "Hey I think I just got the welcome email from another client of yours." He had forwarded the email from the other customer that just registered. I have no idea how this happened.

When I logged into Blesta and viewed my clients, they actually have the same exact customer number. When I click the new customers customer ID, it takes me to the others guys account. How does this happen and how do I fix it??

I've never heard of that before. The first step would be to check the mail log under Tools > Logs > Mail log and see if there is a record in Blesta of the welcome email going to that person.

The customer number displayed in Blesta is for display purposes only. You can check the database and the actual clients.id (clients table, id column) should be unique. Is it unique?

I'm curious why these clients would have the same display customer ID though. Did you import from another system? Are you running any custom or 3rd party extensions? Do you recall doing anything that might have had an impact on this?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jmf421 said:

No nothing at all. These customers signed up manually through my signup link, no third party extensions or anything.

Did you check the actual clients.id to see if that is duplicated, or just the display customer id is duplicated? Are you running any kind of MySQL cluster or a single MySQl server?