Ioncube Error

George A.

Question

Hello,

My server is setup with PHP 7.1.x and using the latest ioncube loaders (10.0). I have tried to perform a new installation but installer crashes:

1. Without uploading the contents of the "hotfix-php7" folder:

[06-Aug-2017 09:34:05 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  The file /***/public_html/app/models/license.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.4 and cannot run under PHP 7.1.
 Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 7.1. in Unknown on line 0

2. After uploading the contents of the "hotfix-php7" folder
[06-Aug-2017 09:36:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  The file /***/public_html/app/models/license.php encoded as type [1/56] cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader.
 in Unknown on line 0

Kind regards,

George.

21 answers to this question

2 hours ago, George A. said:

Hello,

PHP 7.1.x is supported by ioncube loaders since 02.08.2017 version 10.0.0. (https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php)

Thank you for your answers but it's not the case.

Its not encoded

Hello,

PHP 7.1.x is supported by ioncube loaders since 02.08.2017 version 10.0.0. (https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php)

Thank you for your answers but it's not the case.

as far as im aware CPanel does not have a loader support for 7.1. Check your WHM->Software->Apache->PHP Extensions 

(that is if your using cpanel) otherwise id think its just not encoded for 7.1 but probably 5.6 which supports PHP 7 ionCube Loaders(runs files produced by the version 9 PHP 5.6 Encoder. which uses ioncube loader 6)

my ioncube encoder 9 does not have option for 7.1 as im sure pauls does not as well. Try using php 7 

2nd Aug 2017 - Loader 10.0.0 released  
Loader 10.0.0 released. 
These are loaders to run files produced by the forthcoming version 10 ionCube PHP Encoder.
Included are loaders for PHP 7.1. Those will only run files produced by
the version 10 encoder for PHP 7.1.

13 hours ago, George A. said:

Hello,

Ioncube encoder 10 has been released.

Any plans to provide a PHP 7.1 compatible version for your currently encrypted files?

Kind regards,

George.

Thanks for the news, Just upgraded my encoder, Does cpanel have the 7.1 extension yet? If im not mistaken core min bridge will need driver as well, i dont think its as easy as just encoding the files with new encoder.

20 hours ago, gosuhost said:

Thanks for the news, Just upgraded my encoder, Does cpanel have the 7.1 extension yet? If im not mistaken core min bridge will need driver as well, i dont think its as easy as just encoding the files with new encoder.

so you just upgraded your encoder? doesn't that cost additional money though? and isn't free?

10 hours ago, gosuhost said:

They charge wayyy to much for upgrades. Crazy

I agree I asked if they would provide the upgrade free for existing license holders with a active support subscription and they said no because they would charge way too much for the support subscription then to include free upgrades.

Hello,

This is ridiculous. Where's that "we are different than WHMCS" attitude...

Kind regards,

George.

don't know I cannot say what paul is currently doing but for me I am currently waiting for the funds to come for the upgrade to the ioncube encoder to enable php 7.1 encoding though for my own stuff.

21 hours ago, timnboys said:

don't know I cannot say what paul is currently doing but for me I am currently waiting for the funds to come for the upgrade to the ioncube encoder to enable php 7.1 encoding though for my own stuff.

Dont know if it will work still but i used coupon: VERSION10 for a 10% off discount on my upgrade