Suspension Error Email Notice

Blesta Addons

in the suspend error email notice , there are two different tags but with the same value, so i suspect it a error (bug/ or is intentional, the tags are {package.name} {service.name} , in the email package name is shown but is showed doubled . something like (Domain .ORG Domain .ORG) , just to not the Domain .ORG is the package name , what i think it should show the package name with the service label like (Domain .ORG thisisadomain.org) .

is this normal or this a bug ?

More info,

in the service list table, the label show the domain name.
in the json config file the service key is set to domain    

"service": {
        "name_key": "domain"
},

i don't know why it show the package name two time.
note :  this is not related to a single module, is related to a 3 modules that we have received a suspension error . other modules not tested.

Previosly i had this behavior with cpanel core plugin , the email body  was included the package name twice in the creation error notice , for suspension error notice not tested. But i think they are related as the same issue are in the email notice .

For suspension notice email  the message  body has the package name + service label correctly set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont think so . I recieve emails with just the package name no service name included.

Also fo service creation error a get client name instead of service name .

There was an error provisioning the following service:

Domain  xxx International

Where xxx internation is the client name !!!

i can confirm this also, some email has the service name others, non, the strange here is that some of them are with the same module, the service name is well defined in the service, but the email has a empty , not sure how to reproduce this or to find what is the commune thing between them . what we have is that some email has the service name others no !!!!

The content of this tag is very dependent on the module you are using.  The task updated methods used by Suspension, Unsuspension, Cancellation, and Creation error emails to include the service name provided by [yourmodule]::getServiceName.  If this method is not defined by your module, it will return null which results in the tag being empty.

17 hours ago, activa said:

Also fo service creation error a get client name instead of service name .

Again, the value of the tag is determined by the getServiceName() method of your module, so I can only think that that module defined it using the client name some how.

5 hours ago, Jono said:

The content of this tag is very dependent on the module you are using.  The task updated methods used by Suspension, Unsuspension, Cancellation, and Creation error emails to include the service name provided by [yourmodule]::getServiceName.  If this method is not defined by your module, it will return null which results in the tag being empty.

this is with a module that the service name is will defined, and i can see the service name for previos email . the strange here that some email for service for one module has the service name and for otehr services with the same module has no service name, i'm sur there are something in this, i will watch them this days to see what happen . 

3 hours ago, Jono said:

What modules are you guys using, and do I have access to the code?  I'd love to see if I can figure why both are experiencing unexpected behavior.

i'm using the EPP registrar module, is a custom module, the service name is defined under the json config file, and we can see the service name in the client service info and so many other place in blesta .

"service": {
        "name_key": "domain"
    },

yesterdays email was all fine, no empty service name, but i will watch theme every day from now until i can get the same issue .

18 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

yesterdays email was all fine, no empty service name, but i will watch theme every day from now until i can get the same issue .

Hmm, yea hopefully it continues to function properly, let me know if it comes up again.

16 hours ago, activa said:

I use proxmox reloaded .

I took a quick look at this.  It looks like the service name field is defined in the config as 'server_name'.  As far as I can tell, this is not actually a service field, but only a module row field, and so is not actually a valid service name field.  In this case, that blank service name would make a lot of sense.  Oh, but before I go declaring it invalid, are you able to see anything under 'label' when editing the service?

If you wanted to try and get a service name you could try a couple things.  Based on the fields returned by addService() the only valid field would be vmid, so you could change the config so it uses that for the service name.  Alternatively you could define a getServiceName() method in the module that retrieves options['hostname'] as the service name.  

23 hours ago, Jono said:

Oh, but before I go declaring it invalid, are you able to see anything under 'label' when editing the service?

19 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

this module was developed by me, i have used it a long time until i have switched to my custom virtualizor extended module . and i remember well that service name well displayed in the label field .

I'd love to hear back from @activa on this.  I downloaded the module and created a service.  The label field was blank.  But I messed with some stuff because I do not have credentials, so I did not have any nodes or templates (though I don't think those are relevant to the service name).  Any how, you seem pretty confident that it should work so I just want to see if it works for them.

On 05/10/2017 at 4:26 PM, Jono said:

I'd love to hear back from @activa on this.  I downloaded the module and created a service.  The label field was blank.  But I messed with some stuff because I do not have credentials, so I did not have any nodes or templates (though I don't think those are relevant to the service name).  Any how, you seem pretty confident that it should work so I just want to see if it works for them.

i have tested in my test server, and the service name is shown correctly . but not sur what happen with @activa ! maybe he has a wrong service name or empty service hostname.

• 4 weeks later...

today i received some suspension error emails . in one email we have this

Hi Mohamed,

There was an error with the Domain .MA package, or its module does not support automatic suspension.

Domain .MA XXXXX XXXXXX
--
YYYYY yyyyyyyy
sales@ssqsqssqs.com

Manage Service

The service may need to be suspended manually.

Error: Error : Object status prohibits operation (2304)

XXXXX XXXXXX =  Domain's client name , and not the domain . this is strange as we recieved in the same time another 3 suspension errors for the same pkage that has the domain name correct .

after we check the client domain we found the domain will entered .

• 5 weeks later...

regarding the same issue but in Service Creation Error .

the service creation error email sent with empty service name, just the package name, not sure if this related to our module, but when i test the suspension error, the got the email with the package name and the service name, only the creation error email has a empty service name . can any one duplicate the error?

today we received some emails for suspension error with empty service name, I'm totally sure 100% that the service name will set and is displayed in the service label field . this behavior occur if one of the service maybe has a empty service name but not sur . what i'm sur the empty service name still receiving it in email.

i suspenct a service with other module has a empty service name, but normally it should his email notice should empty, and the next email should be well filled with the correct data. can the team make a look to the code again .