upgrade 3.6.2 -> 4.0.1 results in blank page

wdfee

Hello,

maybe this is related to this thread: https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7453-upgrade-via-web-didnt-show-a-succes-or-redirect-to-admin-dashboard/&tab=comments#comment-46633

But in my case my installation (dev) is completely blank (admin, client and frontpage).

error log shows multiple errors, but I don't want to post the log here publicly. Can I send it to you private?

Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS‬, Apache Server, MySQL 5.5.49, PHP 5.6.30 (FastCGI)

Thanks, Fee

yes, two nonmerchant gateways I wrote myself out of the offline gateway, did work great until the update.

I took the fresh install, deleted all old files, no patch. I readded my custom files.

In between I tried restarting the server, updating to PHP 5.6.31, and then to 7.0.22, but no changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Well  it just throw white page without anything(with error reporting ON) but it show as updated and everything seems to work,will have to chek logs and than restore 4.0.1 till I find where is problem...probably some extension as I had to upgrade modules manualy..probably one of modules brake upgrade

Done..not sure why but I couldn't upgrade on php7.0 even with newst hotfix I have to  switch to 5.6 to upgrade

error

/app/app_controller.php was encoded
with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed.

Wired thing is it doesn work on php7.0 without problems just won't upgrade on 7.0

21 hours ago, Nelsa said:

Done..not sure why but I couldn't upgrade on php7.0 even with newst hotfix I have to  switch to 5.6 to upgrade

error

/app/app_controller.php was encoded
with the PHP 5.6 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.6 to be installed.

Wired thing is it doesn work on php7.0 without problems just won't upgrade on 7.0

Did you apply the php7-hotfix included with 4.1.0? Sounds like the fix for PHP 7 was not applied when you were upgrading.

Hi,Paul yes ofcourse I apply hotfixe..I deal with hotfixes from 5.6...7.0.Since  blesta 4 it work on php7 .. I try to upload/reupload few times whole hotfix than just app_contoller.php,even delete it than upload(tought maybe permission issue so it can't rewrite)....and I couldn't start upgrade..again wired thing is my blesta work without issues on php7 at same time(without hotfix it would throw ioncube error)  but when start upgrade it throw out error "app/app_controlle was encoded with 5.6......",at the end I switched to 5.6 ..than upgrade without problems.

I had to do it or restore 4.0.1 because it was production installation so I couldn't debug for long time .Than after upgrade I switch again to php 7 and continue to use it without any problems.Now it is upgraded to 4.1.0 and for now work like charm but to be honest I'm still thinking to do clean 4.1.0 installation than upload my custom files and than just import database manualy..it is safe bet and would cost me 15 minutes

20 hours ago, Nelsa said:

Hi,Paul yes ofcourse I apply hotfixe..I deal with hotfixes from 5.6...7.0.Since  blesta 4 it work on php7 .. I try to upload/reupload few times whole hotfix than just app_contoller.php,even delete it than upload(tought maybe permission issue so it can't rewrite)....and I couldn't start upgrade..again wired thing is my blesta work without issues on php7 at same time(without hotfix it would throw ioncube error)  but when start upgrade it throw out error "app/app_controlle was encoded with 5.6......",at the end I switched to 5.6 ..than upgrade without problems.

I had to do it or restore 4.0.1 because it was production installation so I couldn't debug for long time .Than after upgrade I switch again to php 7 and continue to use it without any problems.Now it is upgraded to 4.1.0 and for now work like charm but to be honest I'm still thinking to do clean 4.1.0 installation than upload my custom files and than just import database manualy..it is safe bet and would cost me 15 minutes

You cannot do a fresh install and then import your database. The encryption keys in your database will not match the system key in your config file (/config/blesta.php) and you will permanently break your installation. You can re-upload all of the files for 4.1.0, but you must keep the key in your config, and it must match your database.

38 minutes ago, Paul said:

You cannot do a fresh install and then import your database. The encryption keys in your database will not match the system key in your config file (/config/blesta.php) and you will permanently break your installation. You can re-upload all of the files for 4.1.0, but you must keep the key in your config, and it must match your database.

Yes I know, I did this number of time not only for blesta..WHMCS ,some bBoards..etc,it is in general same as upgrade just  at this way you get all files from newest version,I'm not sue why this happen but in theory it could happen that one of the previous upgrades didn't overwrite all files it shoult(maybe permission issue..or something),I have some custom work but nothing is encoded so I don't think it is problem,any way I tested everything on my installation and everythig is OK except I can't fire upgrade on php7.0

• Tyson locked this topic