client ID incremental wrong value

Blesta Addons

Question

6 answers to this question

I've seen that happen due to Pen Testing. A malicious user may be running penetration tests on your order form. The creation of a client account fails, but a transaction is created and rolled back in MySQL. If a transaction is rolled back, the auto increment ID still cannot be used again. (See https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6714, though not a bug as indicated by the comments)

So, you should check your web server logs and/or block any attackers with mod_security or firewall rules.

It sounds like someone may have been trying to create thousands of accounts in Blesta from the order form. Creating a client happens in a database transaction, but when that transaction is rolled back the records will not exist in the database, but the auto-increment primary keys will still increase.

I have noticed that the recaptcha is not shown in the registration form, from admin side is enabled . i should investigate why is not showing .

any mod_security rule to block such attach, i don't use any mod security rule as the only website in the server if blesta.

EDIT: captcha is showing well in any order form type, unless the registration client type , the recaptcha is not shown !!!

i have found that the captcha was disabled from the client registration template .

just wondering 

why not client id is set to the mysql autoincremented id

this may prevent it from happening

as for multicompany, you may still have the present autoincrement value to be set as client id

or may be fetch client id from the incremented mysql value

like get the present id and set it as the client id

not sure if this will be a big task or some small patch

may the coders reply on this