Selecting language for admin?

Lucas

Question

I work mostly with Spanish speaking clients and have installed the latest package provided at translate.blesta.com. Is there a way while selecting Blesta to operate in Spanish while I have Blesta display everything in English for me? I've been looking for an option somewhere yet there is nothing found. Do we need to make this a suggestion?

10 answers to this question

If you have Spanish installed (Settings > Company > General > Internationalization), clients will be able to select it when on the portal or checking out. As an admin, you will always see the default language (English unless you change it), even when "logging in as client". So it would appear Spanish to them, and English to you.

I hope that helps :)

What I am looking to do is have the system by default in Spanish but allow me to use English myself. Seems like to do that I would have to allow the users to find the language button themselves first, the thing with that is they seem to be dumber than usual, so I prefer to show it in Spanish by default while I work in English (the translation unfortunately is not that good).

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What I am looking to do is have the system by default in Spanish but allow me to use English myself. Seems like to do that I would have to allow the users to find the language button themselves first, the thing with that is they seem to be dumber than usual, so I prefer to show it in Spanish by default while I work in English (the translation unfortunately is not that good).

Multi Languages Plugin has this option . not only you can change language, but is a rock in term of seo, as you will have a new url of every language like

English
Español

Français

10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Staff all use the default language. We do have a task for staff to be able to select their own independent language. Once this is added, then it would be possible to change the default language. See CORE-1750

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I see, there's my problem. I also noticed yesterday when testing the default language to Spanish that the navigation (it's cached?) wouldn't change back to English. Where do we clear this cache?

Just re-save your staff group. Settings > System > Staff > Staff Groups. Edit and save without any changes