Square Payment Gateway (Alpha)

Paul

A new Square gateway (alpha) is available for testing.

To install, download the attached , square.zip unzip and upload the "square" directory to ~/components/gateways/nonmerchant/ and visit Settings > Company > Payment Gateways to install and configure.

Edited by Paul
updated stripe.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Well I tryed on 2 different blesta installation and payment button is missing on both installation

33 minutes ago, cyandark said:

Is a non-merchant gateway, is based on Square Checkout.

It doesn't metter it is non merchant...both 2checkout and Square have  embeded and checkout payment solution and both work as non merchant.....

Here you can see how 2checkout non merchant gateway looks like with inline payment implemented...there is also one more way to do it...with payment API  ,very similar just require 2co library and few lines of JS for token request....this is orginal blesta 2co gateway I had edited..have some where also one with payment API implemented..for payment API version there is more work to do since it is non 2co hosted and parameters are different but this inline method is 2co hosted and use same return processes....this real time currency converter I think can be removed and pass currency directly.Also if some param is missing or something goes wrong with inline method 2co will redirect user to old hosted checkout page,and it will happen if address,zip,city or state is missing..so these fields should be required.With payment API implemented form is not 2co hosted and it is even better since you are using your own form ...not this one 2co branded.Any way both API methods can be implemented as non merchant and form can be embeded at this same place and user must fill it every time before payment can be done,credit card is not stored anywhere and token is valid for 30 min.

1.png

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BlestaStore said:

The reason square doesn't show up is because of the currency. If you are in the USA you can only accept USD payments, in the UK i'm on the Square UK account thing so I can only accept GBP payments.

That is screen shot of 2 checkout gateway with inline payment implemented,as you see in left corner there is checkout button and when you click on it credit card form will pop up(shown on 1st and 2nd image),and when it comes to square..yes I figure out that payment button is missing if something is not configured as it shoud be...in my case country is not supported...and it is kind their fault why user have to spent hours to find reason...I signed up and I  verify my account..they even show my local currency,and also put my local currency on invoice and auto currency converter....accepted bank account...account status is ready...and than I find out country is not supported...for god sake why not than put account status as non supported..or something..or put any kind of flag...why allow user to sign up ,set country and configure account..and they even auto-apply currency when you sign up....than I visited documentation page and look in to list of supported countries...bang.After that I set test API and it worked...:)

14 minutes ago, Nelsa said:

That is screen shot of 2 checkout gateway with inline payment implemented,as you see in left corner there is checkout button and when you click on it credit card form will pop up(shown on 1st and 2nd image),and when it comes to square..yes I figure out that payment button is missing if something is not configured as it shoud be...in my case country is not supported...and it is kind their fault why user have to spent hours to find reason...I signed up and I  verify my account..they even show my local currency,and also put my local currency on invoice and auto currency converter....accepted bank account...account status is ready...and than I find out country is not supported...for god sake why not than put account status as non supported..or something..or put any kind of flag...why allow user to sign up ,set country and configure account..and they even auto-apply currency when you sign up....than I visited documentation page and look in to list of supported countries...bang.After that I set test API and it worked...:)

I agree, I thought I could accept all currencies just paid out in GBP not the case. Have you looked at a remote office?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/18/2017 at 6:46 AM, BlestaStore said:

If people want help to configure it I've done a tutorial as I was a bit confused lol
https://blesta.store/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/view/2/how-to-connect-blesta-to-square/8/

Hey! I've been following your work for a while now and I have to say, you're great. 

Having followed your tutorial, I've set it all up - BUT I am getting an error after I submit payment (see screenshots below) - any help is appreciated:

1. I place an order:
    001.thumb.PNG.7421fd4dff7a5fe6d32a0cf8d1da6b95.PNG

2. It then kicks me to pay with Square... 
    SIDE-NOTE QUESTION:
    How can I remove the shipping section? I don't ship anything to customers - our services are all digital... I don't need this page, just CC info and Pay, would be nice. Any help on this is appreciated.
    0002.thumb.PNG.8a4637869ae25f2b118df291f61df9db.PNG

3. Upon submission of the info, I get this error:
    ERROR.thumb.PNG.9eb13585c8cb3a94bba6fabf5294aa73.PNG

Any help is appreciated :)

7 hours ago, BlestaStore said:

Hi mate is your currency USD and your package price in USD? Also did you import from another software if not then it's the module so we can narrow the issue down?

Howdie. Thanks for the reply.

1. Package set in CAD.
  2. Square Gateway set in CAD only, as well.

My URL used to be different where Blesta was originally installed. The domain has remained the same but instead of www.domainname.com/blesta, it's now blesta.domainname.com... BUT, I recently installed Square gateway. I never had this module in the original URL.

Hope that helps. Let me know what else you'd like to know, I would like this resolved ASAP as my company is live and taking payments.

1 minute ago, MistaGrk said:

Howdie. Thanks for the reply.

1. Package set in CAD.
  2. Square Gateway set in CAD only, as well.

My URL used to be different where Blesta was originally installed. The domain has remained the same but instead of www.domainname.com/blesta, it's now blesta.domainname.com... BUT, I recently installed Square gateway. I never had this module in the original URL.

Hope that helps. Let me know what else you'd like to know, I would like this resolved ASAP as my company is live and taking payments.

hopefully I can get Mike to look into this for you but Paul and the team will be back on Monday it looks like you've got it to call home and it's not sending the currency back to Blesta.

2 minutes ago, BlestaStore said:

hopefully I can get Mike to look into this for you but Paul and the team will be back on Monday it looks like you've got it to call home and it's not sending the currency back to Blesta.

Okay, sounds good. As a side note mate, Do I need to setup a webhook on Square?

I must add that I am using Version 3.6.1, we are very comfortable with this version and it works flawlessly - with that said, we wish to stay on this version as we've had issues upgrading and losing data in the past. Our blesta configuration is complex, so we're happy with the version used (until it's actually time to upgrade).

13 minutes ago, MistaGrk said:

Okay, sounds good. As a side note mate, Do I need to setup a webhook on Square?

I must add that I am using Version 3.6.1, we are very comfortable with this version and it works flawlessly - with that said, we wish to stay on this version as we've had issues upgrading and losing data in the past. Our blesta configuration is complex, so we're happy with the version used (until it's actually time to upgrade).

I don't think so, I haven't had a client order with square yet as only new customers / non usa customers have GBP and they all use PayPal.

1 minute ago, Blesta Addons said:

the error come from empty currency data, i don't think the gateway is not returning the currency used . but what i think the Blesta gateway is not able or it has a wrong currency post field . so i think is Blesta gateway error , this is not a big issue so is easily resolved .

I am happy to read that, but how can I fix it? Or where do I begin to look?