Duplicate Services Provisioned

Jonathan

When provisioning a new service it's possible to end up with 2 services provisioned when only 1 should've been.

If you manually activate the services on the pending service's "manage" page after the cron run has already started and queued it for provisioning (but not yet finished), both actions will provision said service.

This appears to be a general bug and not tied to any module in particular as I can confirm it with both cPanel module and SolusVM module.  I've noticed this situation since the 3.x branch.

Just to be clear, this happens if you are managing the pending service where the "Activate" button appears when the service is activated by the cron, and then you click "Activate", it will create a second service?

If that's the case, I suppose when clicking the "Activate" button, we could check that the service is still in a pending state.

How often do you come across this issue?

As you mentioned, it can take some time to provision a service. The status in not updated until it is completed.

I think this would necessitate, potentially, a new status for services that are being activated such that when the cron STARTS to activate a pending service, its status is changed to this new status, and when the cron finishes activating a service, it's status is changed to active. In this way, a service that is in the process of being activated would not be pending, and we could check when manually activating that it's in a status of pending before proceeding.

I'm not sure what other implications this has, other than the possibility that a service "disappears" should the cron crash in the middle of provisioning.