Who Am I

bdacus01

All:

I wanted to say Hello.  I wanted to intro myself.  I am Brent Dacus.  I live in Tennessee.  I have been in IT for 19 years.  So I am not a kid...actually I am fairly old. (Mike I had to get that in :)). I love computers and technology.  I like to ask questions and help out where I can.  I am not a programmer.  I can test well.  I want to also state I am not in the industry of web hosting or infrastructure.  I don't own a company. I don't support clients.  I don't know all the terms or even the popular 3rd party apps.   I am trying to learn even at my age...haha.  Why because I am interested in learning it all and may want to enter the industry on a very small scale some day.

Anyway I really like Blesta.  I have tried the "others" some have things Blesta needs some don't.  I don't need a lot of plugins...actually I may not even know what I need.   Feel free to give me advice, tell me to get out now before I go crazy or just ask me to help out.  Thanks for your time.

20 hours ago, bdacus01 said:

All:

I wanted to say Hello.  I wanted to intro myself.  I am Brent Dacus.  I live in Tennessee.  I have been in IT for 19 years.  So I am not a kid...actually I am fairly old. (Mike I had to get that in :)). I love computers and technology.  I like to ask questions and help out where I can.  I am not a programmer.  I can test well.  I want to also state I am not in the industry of web hosting or infrastructure.  I don't own a company. I don't support clients.  I don't know all the terms or even the popular 3rd party apps.   I am trying to learn even at my age...haha.  Why because I am interested in learning it all and may want to enter the industry on a very small scale some day.

Anyway I really like Blesta.  I have tried the "others" some have things Blesta needs some don't.  I don't need a lot of plugins...actually I may not even know what I need.   Feel free to give me advice, tell me to get out now before I go crazy or just ask me to help out.  Thanks for your time.

my simple question , For what reason (business type) you are using Blesta? then i can give you my advice .

Well like I said still in the research and investigation stage.  In general shared hosting, and domains maybe.  I am not a coder so no dice there..  I have currently tried or studied:

debian, red hat, centos, ubuntu, arch, gentoo, and bsd  My Current choice is CentOS 7

Interworx, directadmin, cpanel, plesk, vestacp, webmin, and CWP  I like and would use CPanel and Plesk.  Currently using CPanel.

Blesta and clientexec.  Haven't tried whmcs or hostbill  (seems costly.)  Currently using Blesta.

I have accounts at NameCheap, Hover, Gandi, InternetBS, NameSilo, Resell.biz and Enom.  Not sure I prefer one.  Currently use NameSilo as a user not reseller.

learning about KVM and Virtualizor maybe SolusVM next....

Have looked into Maxmind, FraudLabs, and Fraud record.  Seems like Maxmind is the favorite.

From the business side.  I have looked into becoming an LLC.  Looked at Paypal, Stripe and Square.  Also looked a Xero and Freshbooks. (I don't see integration there in Blesta).  

Well I am sure I left out a bunch of stuff..  Anyway its no rush just learning.    I like the community here..  No body has yet to bash me.. so seems comfortable.  Relationships matter to me.

Thanks

2 hours ago, bdacus01 said:

Well like I said still in the research and investigation stage.  In general shared hosting, and domains maybe.  I am not a coder so no dice there..  I have currently tried or studied:

debian, red hat, centos, ubuntu, arch, gentoo, and bsd  My Current choice is CentOS 7

Interworx, directadmin, cpanel, plesk, vestacp, webmin, and CWP  I like and would use CPanel and Plesk.  Currently using CPanel.

Blesta and clientexec.  Haven't tried whmcs or hostbill  (seems costly.)  Currently using Blesta.

I have accounts at NameCheap, Hover, Gandi, InternetBS, NameSilo, Resell.biz and Enom.  Not sure I prefer one.  Currently use NameSilo as a user not reseller.

learning about KVM and Virtualizor maybe SolusVM next....

Have looked into Maxmind, FraudLabs, and Fraud record.  Seems like Maxmind is the favorite.

From the business side.  I have looked into becoming an LLC.  Looked at Paypal, Stripe and Square.  Also looked a Xero and Freshbooks. (I don't see integration there in Blesta).  

Well I am sure I left out a bunch of stuff..  Anyway its no rush just learning.    I like the community here..  No body has yet to bash me.. so seems comfortable.  Relationships matter to me.

Thanks

so are you the one that asked in my ticketing system asking about what my fraudrecord anti fraud module does lol? :blesta:

4 minutes ago, timnboys said:

so are you the one that asked in my ticketing system asking about what my fraudrecord anti fraud module does lol? :blesta:

Yes sir I am....   I am glad you noticed.  We won't discuss that here.  I would simply ask you to tell me about your module?  You know like to someone who might want to purchase it.  Feel free to email me back?.  Shall we say Take 2...

12 minutes ago, bdacus01 said:

Yes sir I am....   I am glad you noticed.  We won't discuss that here.  I would simply ask you to tell me about your module?  You know like to someone who might want to purchase it.  Feel free to email me back?.  Shall we say Take 2...

the problem with explaining the module is what is there to explain about a anti fraud module like maxmind for blesta lol? :blesta:

though mostly I will just copy and paste what I wrote on my fraudrecord page: https://cubedata.net/fraudrecord

hmm that page was more bland then I thought it was lol

sy3XSv.jpg

maybe I should point you to http://fraudrecord.com

that is basically a blacklist like spamhaus you could say for bad clients who chargebacked against you, did public threats, etc(I cannot name all the reasons they can be listed for) but it is very helpful since it is basically hosting providers helping each other with valuable information on spammers,etc that you can see if there listed or not and know whether to automatically deny them or not so you do not have the headache and trouble like the provider that reported the person did.

also @bdacus01 I want to say I am not very good at handling PR(Public Relations) so I apologize if the product page was lacking in information on what it does.

besides I think my best "sales pitch writeup" was in my thread for it here: 

I admit I haven't updated the opening post with fresh screenshots from v4 of blesta but I will get to that soon enough :blesta:

See it's all about learning.  I learned about your module.  You learned your info isn't up to par for regular old joes like me...  it's all good now.  Remember from now on you never know where next few buck may come from...  

So can I use the native maxmind with it as well?  Or can I only use one or the other? 

1 minute ago, bdacus01 said:

See it's all about learning.  I learned about your module.  You learned your info isn't up to par for regular old joes like me...  it's all good now.  Remember from now on you never know where next few buck may come from...  

So can I use the native maxmind with it as well?  Or can I only use one or the other? 

well according to paul both maxmind & this one could be used at once there is supposed to be a core issue for it but don't know the link off the top of my head.

Actually what matters is gaining an experience. You should not wait and keep learning. Start your business which will help you. You will learn from your mistakes, and that will make you excel on it later on. To be honest, it is not necessary that you have to be a coder to be a founder of any web hosting company, and yes blesta is a good choice to start from.

3 hours ago, Lampard said:

Actually what matters is gaining an experience. You should not wait and keep learning. Start your business which will help you. You will learn from your mistakes, and that will make you excel on it later on. To be honest, it is not necessary that you have to be a coder to be a founder of any web hosting company, and yes blesta is a good choice to start from.

Thanks and welcome...  True we all will make mistakes.  I just prefer to know and try to understand before I start.  I know I can't get it all in and done.  True anyone can sign up for business.  Going in blind is not how prefer it..  again just me.  I also agree over the next 5 years Blesta will be as good or better than the other guys. 

On 14/09/2017 at 9:31 PM, bdacus01 said:

Thanks and welcome...  True we all will make mistakes.  I just prefer to know and try to understand before I start.  I know I can't get it all in and done.  True anyone can sign up for business.  Going in blind is not how prefer it..  again just me.  I also agree over the next 5 years Blesta will be as good or better than the other guys. 

a can just add some note, try to use providers that blesta has modules for them, then you will not wait or spent money in coding new modules.