Blesta Logs Permission Error Causes White Screen

camgullo

Question

Hello,

I am running into an issue where any new logs are created with permissions 644. When the logs are created with permissions 644 my client area pages white and won't let any clients access their accounts.

I am able to change the permissions for the logs and this will temporarily fix the client area for the remainder of the day until a new log file is created. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Cam

7 answers to this question

On 9/20/2017 at 12:26 AM, camgullo said:

Hello,

I am running into an issue where any new logs are created with permissions 644. When the logs are created with permissions 644 my client area pages white and won't let any clients access their accounts.

I am able to change the permissions for the logs and this will temporarily fix the client area for the remainder of the day until a new log file is created. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Cam

try running the cron as apache(if on centos) or www-data(if on ubuntu) for blesta as that resolved it for myself though aren't you related to the person who took over ftpit lol :blesta:?

since people want copy & paste to fix this run this in root ssh on the vm/machine with blesta on it

centos:

crontab -u apache -e

press insert

paste line given to you by blesta for the cron

press esc

type :wq

remember to remove the cron line from root cron if you put it in there like this:

crontab -e

press insert

delete all lines to leave it blank.

press esc

fixed

ubuntu:

crontab -u www-data -e

press insert

paste line given to you by blesta for the cron

press esc

remember to remove the cron line from root cron if you put it in there like this:

crontab -e

press insert

delete all lines to leave it blank.

press esc

fixed

1 hour ago, timnboys said:

try running the cron as apache(if on centos) or www-data(if on ubuntu) for blesta as that resolved it for myself though aren't you related to the person who took over ftpit lol :blesta:?

since people want copy & paste to fix this run this in root ssh on the vm/machine with blesta on it

Thanks! 

I updated my cron I will let you know if it fixes the issue tomorrow when a new log gets generated. 

In regards to "aren't you related to the person who took over ftpit", I am not. Never heard of ftpit before. =D

Thanks,

Cam

3 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

i don't believe this is related to cron. is related to PSR monolog , what is the output of the fallowing command :

ls -alh /home/username/ (root directory of your website) .

yep that is the root cause though when you run the cron as root that causes psr monolog to create the log files as root therefore preventing itself and apache from writing/reading it hence this error.

7 hours ago, timnboys said:

yep that is the root cause though when you run the cron as root that causes psr monolog to create the log files as root therefore preventing itself and apache from writing/reading it hence this error.

i have not checked the code to verify how the log file is created, but i don't think is created by a cron . is the probleme is a owner files then the apache should be run with the domain user owner .

which Control panel you use ? which OS you use ?

4 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

i have not checked the code to verify how the log file is created, but i don't think is created by a cron . is the probleme is a owner files then the apache should be run with the domain user owner .

which Control panel you use ? which OS you use ?

no control panel only plain ssh/cli on centos 7.

and I already resolved it for myself using what I said to cam.