CentOS Web Panel "CWP" Module (Alpha)

Paul

A new CentOS Web Panel (CWP) alpha module is available.

To install, download the attached centoswebpanel.zip and unzip the file. Upload the centoswebpanel directory to ~/components/modules/ and go to Settings > Company > Modules to install it.

Per http://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/cwp-account-api

• You must set an API Key on your CentOS Web Panel server in: /usr/local/cwp/.conf/api_key.conf
  • You must add your Blesta server's IP address on your CentOS Web Panel server in: /usr/local/cwp/.conf/api_allowed.conf

Any comments or suggestions, please post them below. :blesta:

centoswebpanel.zip

• 1 year later...

I am just wondering,

is there any further updates on this?

Why is the zip file now unavailable?

I am having some rather frustrating problems with Virtualmin of late, and the forum responses to a large number of user requests are almost non existent, so i think i am going to be forced to move to another control panel. I was thinking Centos Web Panel. Another option would be Cyberpanel (although there is something about Cyberpanel that doesnt sit right with me inside)

• 1 month later...

This module does not work. I post this to save anyone considering it a complete waste of their time and effort. If you want to run Centos Web Panel, i would suggest WHMCS until this gets fixed!

As best i can tell, it appears that this module is written for an old version of Centos Web Panel ( CWP Centos 6?) as the file /usr/local/cwp/.conf/api_allowed.conf does not existin on CWP for Centos 7

Also, the URL shown above  http://wiki.centos-webpanel.com/cwp-account-api does not exist!

This has been a "set and forget" module creation...and i suspect that is the reason it does not bloody work!

@adamjedgar Have you raised a support ticket with Blesta or your license provider directly to have these issues addressed? Baring in mind that the title literally explicitly says 'ALPHA' which basically means it's in testing and there's likely to be issues. If you're trying to use this module in a production environment then I'm afraid that's not the intention at this time, you'd use this in development or testing environment. I sincerely hope you're not using Cent OS Web Panel to host customer data, as it literally is garbage and is known to cause problems/randomly break. 

In addition to a support ticket you may also want to consider joining the Facebook group, or the Discord channel where you can chat with the developers and of course other users who may or may not be able to assist with the issues that you're having while using this module.

the solution is as paul mentioned at the top of this page of this thread...in CWP there are a couple of stupid things you have to do to get this working.

CWP's automated API key generator has not been scripted well enough to also ensure that two entries are made into its own interface. These are 

• You must set an API Key on your CentOS Web Panel server in: /usr/local/cwp/.conf/api_key.conf
  • You must add your Blesta server's IP address on your CentOS Web Panel server in: /usr/local/cwp/.conf/api_allowed.conf

Without one manually adding the API key and Blesta server IP address into the relevant files above, it will not work. Its not Blesta's error but rather CWP dumbass programming!

• 4 months later...
On 4/22/2019 at 3:47 AM, adamjedgar said:

the solution is as paul mentioned at the top of this page of this thread...in CWP there are a couple of stupid things you have to do to get this working.

CWP's automated API key generator has not been scripted well enough to also ensure that two entries are made into its own interface. These are 

Without one manually adding the API key and Blesta server IP address into the relevant files above, it will not work. Its not Blesta's error but rather CWP dumbass programming!

These implementations were made because of security concerns.

I am glad you were able to find out the root. But kindly note that these functions can all be achieved by the user interface on the admin side of the panel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 4:27 AM, Paul said:

It is maintained. The latest version (1.2.0) is included in the latest release of Blesta (4.7.0). Settings > Company > Modules

On 9/19/2019 at 4:27 AM, Paul said:

It is maintained. The latest version (1.2.0) is included in the latest release of Blesta (4.7.0). Settings > Company > Modules

regards,
I am a cwp pro user, I have created an API in "API access management" and put it in cwp modules (blesta).

the problem is:
1. account list remains 0, although there are several accounts on the cwp server.
2. can't create a cwp account from blesta, when I create an account there is a comment "Gateway Timeout. The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application." 

Screenshot_2019-10-17_11-40-49.png.5be6d4153264521716df74a131d2781d.png

**Google translate

Screenshot_2019-10-17_11-48-29.png.7020e248ecb1bb30dd181a0dff01ef82.png

10 hours ago, Tyson said:

You should check the logs under Tools > Logs > Module tab. There may be some API request errors shown there that could point to the problem.

Also, the number of accounts in use only updates after a service is added/cancelled.

Regards,
when I create an account (by checking the "Use module") there is a comment "Gateway Timeout. The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application." and there is no error log from the cwp module.

but there is an error log when suspending account (via cron) "a: 3: {s: 7:" success "; b: 0; s: 7:" message "; s: 68:" Allowed IP's not set or you don't have access from IP: xxxxx! "; S: 4:" code "; s: 3:" 500 ";})

Screenshot_2019-10-18_10-14-45.png.d88b9e8e9fc419f180ba2d1bdfece9f9.png

and when I click login (image caption) then it open hostname:2081 (admin area), not hostname:2083

Screenshot_2019-10-18_10-18-54.png.f0179243f8624fb8a6ab1fa66f6798d9.png

Thank's

**Google Translate

It sounds like you have a few issues with configuration.

The module's log-in link assumes port 2031 is your secure port. You could update the templates that render that log-in link if this is a problem, but normally setting the CWP port to 2031 should suffice.

For account suspension, it sounds like you may need to white-list your Blesta web server's IP address to be allowed to perform that action.

Regarding the gateway timing out, that is not a response Blesta displays, so it must have come from CWP. I would expect that to be logged under the Module Log, but in any case, there may be a configuration issue on CWP that is causing that issue and I am not familiar enough with their system to diagnose the exact cause.

• 2 weeks later...