Children service not activated with the main service

Blesta Addons

we have a service with a addon . when we select the service with a addons service , and activating the service from admin side, the main service is activated , but the child service stay in pending status, until we activate it manually .

normally activating/suspending/un-suspending/canceling the main service should apply the same action to the child service .

test in blesta v4.1.1 .

Ah, yeah it activates the primary service and the cron activates any addons when it runs. I believe this was intentional. Each service will get its own welcome email, so maybe it was to simplify the setup, or maybe there was a technical limitation, I'm not certain.. but it's always worked that way.

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ah, yeah it activates the primary service and the cron activates any addons when it runs. I believe this was intentional. Each service will get its own welcome email, so maybe it was to simplify the setup, or maybe there was a technical limitation, I'm not certain.. but it's always worked that way.

next time i will wait until the cron to see if the cron activate the child service .

Wait here. I think we have had a semilar issue. The child service will not be activated until the created invoice is paid .

We create service from admin side to clients that we know they will pay next days , so it has no sense to activate main service and let child service en pending until the invoice is paid .

15 hours ago, activa said:

Wait here. I think we have had a semilar issue. The child service will not be activated until the created invoice is paid .

this is our case, the child service is not activated until we activate it manually, and maybe @activa has the right for the reason, the invoice is the cause for no activating it. anyone can reproduce the case ?

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2017 at 4:41 PM, activa said:

We create service from admin side to clients that we know they will pay next days , so it has no sense to activate main service and let child service en pending until the invoice is paid .

A service is activated when paid for whether it is an addon or not. That seems like a pretty logical and straightforward default behavior.  Activating without payment seems like something that should be enforced manually instead of automatically.

19 minutes ago, Jono said:

A service is activated when paid for whether it is an addon or not. That seems like a pretty logical and straightforward default behavior.  Activating without payment seems like something that should be enforced manually instead of automatically.

i have a package A, that has 10 addons services .

i activated the package A with 10 of the addons manually from admin side, that mean i have already want to activate the package A with its addons, blesta activate the package A and left the others addons inactive .

for me is better to say there are no way to make them active by the actual service schema and model. this can be logical is it was added by client, he need to pay until the service activated, but from admin side , the admin already has all the attention to activate the package A and their addons .

to be clear, it has no sense to activate a package and left their package addons inactive until a payment is done !!! so remove the admin add service function to be more logical !!!!

2 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

i have a package A, that has 10 addons services .

i activated the package A with 10 of the addons manually from admin side, that mean i have already want to activate the package A with its addons, blesta activate the package A and left the others addons inactive .

for me is better to say there are no way to make them active by the actual service schema and model. this can be logical is it was added by client, he need to pay until the service activated, but from admin side , the admin already has all the attention to activate the package A and their addons .

to be clear, it has no sense to activate a package and left their package addons inactive until a payment is done !!! so remove the admin add service function to be more logical !!!!

Gotcha, so we are talking about manual activation.  In that case, whether the the parent or addon is paid for does not matter.  Activating a service in the admin interface only considers the service being activated and not its children.

An option to activate children along with the parent does seem useful (though I don't think it should be the default behavior).  Perhaps just a checkbox on the activation page for whether to activate children as well.

2 hours ago, Jono said:

Gotcha, so we are talking about manual activation.  In that case, whether the the parent or addon is paid for does not matter.  Activating a service in the admin interface only considers the service being activated and not its children.

An option to activate children along with the parent does seem useful (though I don't think it should be the default behavior).  Perhaps just a checkbox on the activation page for whether to activate children as well.

in admin side exist already option to select Status (active, pending ...ect) , normally when admin set active, it should activate the main and children service at the same time, is no need to activate main service and let children for cron. i as admin if  i want to make service activated until it paid i select pending .

now the main service are set to active and children's to pending, this is what we are claim about.

3 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

in admin side exist already option to select Status (active, pending ...ect) , normally when admin set active, it should activate the main and children service at the same time, is no need to activate main service and let children for cron. i as admin if  i want to make service activated until it paid i select pending .

now the main service are set to active and children's to pending, this is what we are claim about.

Is this for the case when you create a new service as an admin and it activates the primary service right away, but queue's addon to be activated by cron? I think the reason for this is because it's not simple to activate 2 + services simultaneously in the UI, but I see what you are saying if you are adding the service as an admin and not via client order.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Is this for the case when you create a new service as an admin and it activates the primary service right away, but queue's addon to be activated by cron? I think the reason for this is because it's not simple to activate 2 + services simultaneously in the UI, but I see what you are saying if you are adding the service as an admin and not via client order.

yes that is the case .