Digital Products 1.1.0 - stopped working since upgrading to Blesta 4.1.0?

blestatester

Question

Hi, it appears that the Digital Products module v1.1.0 has stopped working for us since upgrading to Blesta 4.1.0

Symptoms:

1. When you try to create a new Package using this module, the Configurable Options do not show up (when you choose Digital Products as the module); it will keep the Configurable Options of whatever module was chosen previously.
  2. However, switching to numerous other previously installed modules (e.g., Proxmox, ISPConfig, NameSilo, Universal module) all work properly
  3. All previously uploaded files are properly listed but you can't upload any new files. 
  4. In fact, the only way to get the Upload dialog is to copy an existing package that utilized this module, but you still can't upload -- you can choose a file and the progress bar shows up, but it still says "No file selected" after the "phantom" upload happens

Note:

• I verified module configuration using the module "Manage" screen (I am just working with PDF for now)
  • I verified upload folder permissions
  • I verified syslog, apache, Blesta log files (Debian 8 64bit, Apache 2.4.x) had no errors  OR  bad HTTP return codes
  • Module worked fine until the upgrade to Blesta 4.1.0 (I was going to upgrade to Blesta 4.1.1 but wanted to check extensively that everything worked before performing that upgrade; this module failed that check)

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or guidance.

8 answers to this question

Hi, I was just able to resolve this -- it was a permission issue (possibly permission inheritance) -- but I don't like how I resolved it.

• I had to:
chown   www-data:www-data       /the/blesta/webrootdir/

Can you kindly give me an idea of what the recommended ownership and permissions are needed (files/folders) for this specific module?

• I am trying to keep the install as secure/hardened as possible (it involves multi-company).
  • I already had:
chown www:data:www-data   /the/blesta/uploadsdir
  • And Blesta's   /admin/settings/system/general/basic/  shows Temp, Uploads, and Log directories writable.

But that was not enough.  Other modules are all working fine with how the permissions were set previously.

I have searched but can't seem to find anything documenting this adequately.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  To answer @Blesta Addons directly, yes there were two issues:

1. The module's configurable options would not display
  2. File Uploads did not happen (progress bar showed but no upload).  The only way to get to it was to Copy an existing Package that had been created before the upgrade.  But then the upload didn't work anyway

As I said above though, I have resolved this but I want to ensure the most secure permissions that will allow the module to work properly.

Edited by blestatester
Additional information

6 minutes ago, blestatester said:

EDIT:  To answer @Blesta Addons directly, yes there were two issues:

1. The module's configurable options would not display
  2. File Uploads did not happen (progress bar showed but no upload).  The only way to get to it was to Copy an existing Package that had been created before the upgrade.  But then the upload didn't work anyway

As I said above though, I have resolved this but I want to ensure the most secure permissions that will allow the module to work properly.

is a folders permissions , normally who handle the upload is apache, so the folder should be chown to apache . or it should have chmod 777 .

4 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

is a folders permissions , normally who handle the upload is apache, so the folder should be chown to apache . or it should have chmod 777 .

Hi @Blesta Addons, I stated that in my post -- the "uploads" folder was owned by apache and had 777 permissions, but I still had to "chown www-data:www-data   /the/blesta/webrootdir"   for this module to start working.

Is the module writing/updating files in any other folders?

Thanks

Hi @Blesta Addons, it appears you may not understand what I am saying;  but I was just trying to say that the Blesta Upload folder already had the proper ownership & permissions -- yet the upload still did not work  until I chown'd the webroot to www-data:www-data

So, it appears to me that the module is attempting to write to another folder under the webrootI will have to do a little digging to figure out what/where.

Thank you for your replies  and feedback on this.