Voip Billing?

barryf

Question

15 answers to this question

Hi Barry,

Sorry about that, I'm not sure what happened.

We do want to do something with Voip billing, and we have some customers that have implemented their own solutions. I'm not sure exactly what they did to make it all work though, and they haven't shared much of it with us.

A feature request that goes into detail would be a good starting point for this.

Cheers

Paul

Not at the moment but you can do a feature request and see how many people support it. More people support it the higher the priority. 

You can however set them up manually using the Universal Module. 

Hi

Yes, I can see that setting up/managing the products using the Universal module would be doable. I don't however see any existing mechanism for importing variable value line items for invoicing (i.e. CDR records).

-Barry

Hi Barry,

Sorry about that, I'm not sure what happened.

We do want to do something with Voip billing, and we have some customers that have implemented their own solutions. I'm not sure exactly what they did to make it all work though, and they haven't shared much of it with us.

A feature request that goes into detail would be a good starting point for this.

Cheers

Paul

OK, thanks. 

-Barry

Barry are you coming from another billing system which has a module in place already?  If so would you mind sharing because I am curious myself.

On that note Blesta like most will offer free modules for common provisioning systems such as cPanel, Plesk, SolusVM because they have a larger audience.  The good thing about Blesta is it's got an open platform which allows you to build custom modules and there is a universal module already built in as well.  So you do have options but may require some custom development.

Anything is doable.

Barry are you coming from another billing system which has a module in place already?  If so would you mind sharing because I am curious myself.

On that note Blesta like most will offer free modules for common provisioning systems such as cPanel, Plesk, SolusVM because they have a larger audience.  The good thing about Blesta is it's got an open platform which allows you to build custom modules and there is a universal module already built in as well.  So you do have options but may require some custom development.

Anything is doable.

Hi,

No, this is a green field. I am putting together a new system and need a billing component. Blesta has a lot of what I need. I am just trying to get my head around the amount of custom development that would be required to add the features I require. So far it looks like it is worth further investigation. A helpful community is always a good sign anyway!

Regards,

-Barry

Hi,

No, this is a green field. I am putting together a new system and need a billing component. Blesta has a lot of what I need. I am just trying to get my head around the amount of custom development that would be required to add the features I require. So far it looks like it is worth further investigation. A helpful community is always a good sign anyway!

Regards,

-Barry

Welcome to the community, Barry.  We hope to see you around.

It's been a great community and the Blesta team is in here getting there hands dirty with everyone daily.  Going back to VOIP billing, the core billing system does daily, weekly, monthly, yearly billing on whatever terms you set for it.  So it will invoice based on those thresholds.  So if you're planning on working with Asterisk for example you could meter usage from the module and then generate those reports into an invoice which are billed daily, weekly, monthly etc.

This would require custom development as there isn't a module for this already but it definitely can be done.

Welcome to the community, Barry.  We hope to see you around.

It's been a great community and the Blesta team is in here getting there hands dirty with everyone daily.  Going back to VOIP billing, the core billing system does daily, weekly, monthly, yearly billing on whatever terms you set for it.  So it will invoice based on those thresholds.  So if you're planning on working with Asterisk for example you could meter usage from the module and then generate those reports into an invoice which are billed daily, weekly, monthly etc.

This would require custom development as there isn't a module for this already but it definitely can be done.

If generating an invoice manually, or via the API you aren't even restricted to a particular term as supported in Blesta. You can bill for any term or any quantity you want. Only if it has a service, must the service follow a supported term & period.

Anveo has a new Reseller platform API that could be "easily" integrated. 

Let me know what you think:

http://www.anveo.com/business/features.asp?code=overview

Edit: I'll probably use it with Blesta.. but manually create the accounts/phones in Anveo if there is no Blesta Module -- not a big inconvenience for our staff. (thanks to their built-in reseller tools)

Hi everyone. We have developed full functionality of Voipswitch through the Blesta. Everything works fine. Big thanks to Blesta! Actually we are working on VOIP billing integration from very beginning of Blesta 3. Now we have full solution for VOIP billing, account management etc. The reason lack of sharing an information is the security. VOIP busines very sensitive to it :) The Blesta can handle all in one. You wont needed anything else.

Hi everyone. We have developed full functionality of Voipswitch through the Blesta. Everything works fine. Big thanks to Blesta! Actually we are working on VOIP billing integration from very beginning of Blesta 3. Now we have full solution for VOIP billing, account management etc. The reason lack of sharing an information is the security. VOIP busines very sensitive to it :) The Blesta can handle all in one. You wont needed anything else.

We are also well under way with integrating Blesta with our VoIP platform. I have to agree, Blesta can handle it. As we delve deeper into Blesta we are continuously impressed at how well thought out the platform is.

-Barry

Hi everyone. Here I wold like to share with you how we have integrated the Blesta and Voipswitch. Client area http://demo.t-one.ca username: client password: client2013 ; admin area http://demo.t-one.ca/admin username: admin password: admin2013 You can play around create customers, register you phones and softphones, call to eachother send simple sms and so on. Actually we showed that the Blesta can do as a triple-play solution and even more.