New Plugin (Faq)

netwise99

They are looking into improving the support manager plugin soon, they have a list of items not sure when or what will be included but they are looking for a articles per ticket content.

So if I typed "how long does"

results under the ticket show:

How long does DNS take to update?

How long does it take to set-up my service?

If I'm correct that is mate.

They are looking into improving the support manager plugin soon, they have a list of items not sure when or what will be included but they are looking for a articles per ticket content.

So if I typed "how long does"

results under the ticket show:

How long does DNS take to update?

How long does it take to set-up my service?

If I'm correct that is mate.

That would be awesome

• 1 month later...

The KB is moving up our priority list, and is tentatively scheduled for version 3.2. I don't have an ETA yet, but 3.1 is in active development and we are aiming for a beta release by the end of this month.. we'll see how it goes.

It really sounds like you guys are getting it done and that's awesome!!

Great.  I think I might set up a simple wiki for now.  Crude but effective.

Speaking of, what are your thoughts on a wiki-driven KB?  It would still have the same article structure as a regular KB, and it would be easy to set up category / list pages so that it behaved like a conventional KB, but I think the wiki format encourages more reading.

Either way, as long as it hooks into the support system, I'm good.

Great.  I think I might set up a simple wiki for now.  Crude but effective.

Speaking of, what are your thoughts on a wiki-driven KB?  It would still have the same article structure as a regular KB, and it would be easy to set up category / list pages so that it behaved like a conventional KB, but I think the wiki format encourages more reading.

Either way, as long as it hooks into the support system, I'm good.

I would love this, and I think it really is the way to go...specially since either way I'm guessing the KB will be coded from scratch...might as well push forward with technology and create a wiki based platform :).

I'm pretty sure I posted a detailed explanation of why a wiki would be an awesome way to go during beta, but sadly I don't think that thread made it over to the live forums :(.

I would love this, and I think it really is the way to go...specially since either way I'm guessing the KB will be coded from scratch...might as well push forward with technology and create a wiki based platform :).

I'm pretty sure I posted a detailed explanation of why a wiki would be an awesome way to go during beta, but sadly I don't think that thread made it over to the live forums :(.

There are lots of arguments I can make in favor of a wiki.  At the core it boils down to this:

If you want a traditional Q&A / FAQ KB, it is VERY easy to make a wiki behave like one.

If you want a wiki, it is VERY difficult to make a traditional Q&A / FAQ KB behave like one.

So the wiki gives the best of all worlds.

Your wiki suggestion raises a question, of which the answer may be obvious to some.. but I think it's important to discuss. What features do you see as a minimum requirement for a Blesta wiki based KB? How do you envision this looking & working in Blesta?

For myself, A FAQ & or KB would be all I would desire. There are plebty of Wiki scripts already done, but a FAQ seems like the right fit for a support oriented system. I can see a Wiki for documentation, but a FAQ or KB better suited for a support desk environment .. Just my thoughts ...

A well creafted FAQ/KB can go far to cut down On needless support tickets being generated.

Your wiki suggestion raises a question, of which the answer may be obvious to some.. but I think it's important to discuss. What features do you see as a minimum requirement for a Blesta wiki based KB? How do you envision this looking & working in Blesta?

I'm imagining something like "DokuWiki with Blesta integration".  I think the only real integration is when someone submits a ticket, it searches the wiki for relevant terms (just as a KB would be searched).  The rest of the "integration" could be as simple as adding a link to the portal page and client area.  Maybe also the ability to display a random article (title + first ___ words) in the client area.

• 2 months later...

While I'm not sure about needing wiki markup in the KB, unless it's wysiwyg, I do think it's important for articles to show up when a customer is about to submit a ticket. That can be for phase 2 though, along with ACL. A browsable KB by both clients and staff would be good enough for a start. With the staff view being made available in the ticket system so that articles can be easily inserted into a reply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i have almost re-write all the admin section .... now i will attack  the user seccion . what do you think how is should renderer .

categories in main page and then show article inside the category page ?

or list all the articles with thier info (category/total views.. ect )in the main page ?

i wil add a feature button to share the article , is nice ?

list the most read artciel in the main page ?

any design special for the main page ?