Directadmin Bug

ZweiTiger

Hello

2 directadmin server

hosting1.domain.com

hosting2.domain.com

one of the directadmin server is full, so the second server will be used to create accounts.

The account succesfully created on hosting2.domain.com, but the module create the account with the hosting1.domain.com IP address. I should see this by checked the logs. But if i create the account manually on the hosting2.domain.com server then its got the correct IP, so i think this should be a Blesta plugin issue.

Is there any bug related to this issue?

Blesta 3.5.2

Directadmin Plugin: 2.2.1

I know its not the newest but too much custom there to update with one click.

Just want to make sure I understand your setup.

You have two different servers (not just two name servers).  Both of these servers are assigned to a server group with the setting 'First Non-full Server'.  This server group is assigned to the package you are using.

The server one has reached it's 'account limit' that is set in Blesta, so when you create a service it should be assigned to server two.  The account is created on server two, but the service fields in blesta are referencing the ip for server one.  So if you click the login link in blesta it tries to log you in to the wrong server.  Is that all correct?

2 hours ago, Jono said:

Just want to make sure I understand your setup.

You have two different servers (not just two name servers).  Both of these servers are assigned to a server group with the setting 'First Non-full Server'.  This server group is assigned to the package you are using.

The server one has reached it's 'account limit' that is set in Blesta, so when you create a service it should be assigned to server two.  The account is created on server two, but the service fields in blesta are referencing the ip for server one.  So if you click the login link in blesta it tries to log you in to the wrong server.  Is that all correct?

Correct but not at all. The service field is show the server 2, but the module create account with the server 1 server IP in the DNS. Because related to a bug.(Or maybe i have to upgrade my Blesta and the module too.. :) module not choose the right IP..) So the package group is: My group name, with two server. One is full but seems the module not choose the right address.

23 hours ago, Doctrine said:

Correct but not at all. The service field is show the server 2, but the module create account with the server 1 server IP in the DNS. Because related to a bug.(Or maybe i have to upgrade my Blesta and the module too.. :) module not choose the right IP..) So the package group is: My group name, with two server. One is full but seems the module not choose the right address.

API calls are based on the service 'hostname', is the hostname correct?  Login is based on the ip from the server(module row) which can be seen if you expand the service row in the services widget on the client page.  Where exactly are you encountering an error?

• 5 weeks later...
On 2017. 10. 27. at 8:45 PM, Jono said:

API calls are based on the service 'hostname', is the hostname correct?  Login is based on the ip from the server(module row) which can be seen if you expand the service row in the services widget on the client page.  Where exactly are you encountering an error?

I confirm the bug.

1, Created a group

2, Assigned two server

3, 1st server is full, second is empty. Still the package created on the 1st server. Which is full... but the module only select the 1st server.

If i edit the package: Server group: my server group with two assigned server, Accounty type: user, Package: 2GB,  IP address: 1st server IP, and cannot change.

So actually.. thats should be a bug. I think. The module only choose the 1st server, not matter if its full.

Could you check, and reproduce the problem?

I think I understand at last your original post.  You have two DA servers with different IPs: hosting1.domain.com and hosting2.domain.com.  You set them both up in blesta and assigned them both to the same server group.  When you create the package you assign the server group, but you can only select the ip address for the  hosting1.domain.com.  Because of this any service you create will send that IP to DA as the IP for the user/domain which is displayed on the DA server interface in the user list under the 'IP' column.  So an account is created on hosting2.domain.com but with the ip from hosting1.domain.com.  It sounded like that was your only problem from the original post.  

On 10/26/2017 at 3:14 AM, ZweiTiger said:

The account succesfully created on hosting2.domain.com, but the module create the account with the hosting1.domain.com IP address.

So everything looks correct in blesta, and the login link takes you to the correct server.

3 hours ago, ZweiTiger said:

1st server is full, second is empty. Still the package created on the 1st server. Which is full... but the module only select the 1st server.

This sounds like your problem has totally changed.  That the account is now being created on the wrong server instead of correct server with the wrong IP.  Is this now your problem?

On 2017. 11. 27. at 10:59 PM, Jono said:

I think I understand at last your original post.  You have two DA servers with different IPs: hosting1.domain.com and hosting2.domain.com.  You set them both up in blesta and assigned them both to the same server group.  When you create the package you assign the server group, but you can only select the ip address for the  hosting1.domain.com.  Because of this any service you create will send that IP to DA as the IP for the user/domain which is displayed on the DA server interface in the user list under the 'IP' column.  So an account is created on hosting2.domain.com but with the ip from hosting1.domain.com.  It sounded like that was your only problem from the original post.  

So everything looks correct in blesta, and the login link takes you to the correct server.

This sounds like your problem has totally changed.  That the account is now being created on the wrong server instead of correct server with the wrong IP.  Is this now your problem?

Blesta update fixed my first original post. DA module updated, and working. Now i got different issue. One server group. Two assigned server. 1st if full (reached the 50/50), 2nd is empty(0/50). But the module create accounts on the 1st server, and not choose the second. If i edit the package, then i choose group: cloud server (which got two server 1st is full, second is empty). But the module still create account on the first server. So its a bug. You have to reproduce this bug.

So i edited the package and choosed cloud server 2 only. Now only create accounts with the second server. This not a fix, just a how to fix this problem asap solution.

If you not understand i really sorry, i tried to tell hard :)

• 2 weeks later...