Restore a Domain

jwogrady

Question

I log in as customer and create a domain order with 20 domains EPP codes, but there is not credit card.  Great, no pay by check option....

Well, I go back in as admin a see pending order...

First I accept it... no automation runs.

Then I try to cancel it

Now I have this!!!

How do I clear these cancels out process them enom orders with a check payment.

John

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 5.47.46 PM.png

6 answers to this question

It's not really clear what you're trying to do.

1) Do you have any payment gateways setup? You'll need Offline payments setup to accept a check payment.

2) It looks like these domains show as 'active' in your setup so you'll need to click 'manage' off to the right of each service and then schedule cancellation for each if you don't want them to show up in the clients account.

Does that help or did I miss something else?

So, what I think happened....

- Log in as client and created a domain order.  However, could not complete order since I didn't have offline payment option enabled.

- As an admin, I accepted the order, but the ENOM automation didn't run.  The services were probably all in "pending" status for payment.

- I need the ENOM process to run so I cancelled the order.  Now I have 20 domain service showing as cancelled!!!  Definately not what I want.

- The is no way to un-cancel and order or a service...

So my option of last resort.... manually changing services to pending (in the database)... and then manually making each domain "active"....  That triggered the automation.

However, I do have an order with no transactions against it.  I'm hoping once I process payment that will turn from red to green.

What I learned....

1.) items without payment are in pending status, but they can be manually processed from there to force the automation.... However, I do have to accept the credit risk for doing that.

2.) you can't un-cancel service....

So my remaining question, how bad did I mess up my database making a manual change....

If you feel youve made a grave error in your database, you should restore to a previous backup. The database is something you should not manipulate without knowing its effects or knowledge of what your doing. Guessing and changing certain variables will lead to a broken system.