"Copy Contact Information From" exposes user's data for non login payment forms

furioussnail

Hello.

If payment forms without login are allowed and the "Credit Card" payment option is enabled the "Copy Contact Information From" may expose user data. I understand the payment link is hard to guess but still... I believe no sensible data should be exposed without a login. Maybe it would be better to remove the "Contact Information" fields on payment forms without login.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, furioussnail said:

Also, by deleting the link the form is still generated and exposed to non logged in users. I would like to avoid that.

Thank you.

Yes but it is not sent anywhere so no one can get it,only danger here is if someone hack user email and find that link...there is no way you can gues that link....now it can be done with automation script but it would triger security defence but it would be good option  to disable "Copy Contact Information From"  on these unique generated links and it would resolve this issue...or to ask users to log in first....what ever is easier for them...

The payment URL link requires a token when you're not logged in, which is encrypted data included in the URL. No one will be able to guess it to try to steal account information from the "Copy Contact Information From" option. It is much more likely that someone could intercept the email and follow the link themselves instead.

You can update the Invoice Delivery (Unpaid) email template to remove the link to {invoice.payment_url} and define a link yourself to {client_uri}pay/method/{invoice.id}. The client will be directed to login, after which they will arrive at the Make Payment page to pay for that invoice.

• Tyson locked this topic