That Domain Name is Not Supported (NameSilo + Restricted Packages = not working?)

blestatester

Question

I am posting this "solution" (bug?) in case anyone else had my issue. 

I realize there are previous threads about this here, here, and here (for example) but I didn't want to further hijack or necro their threads as neither involved NameSilo.

• Issue:  It ALWAYS generates a "That domain name is not supported." and does not show the TLD under "Check Domain Availability"

• Solution:  it was because I (intentionally) set the Package as a "Restricted" package -- it simply does not work with the NameSilo Blesta modules(s).  Once the Package is set to to "Active", it works.
    • I followed Paul's documentation about "Selling Domains" to the letter
      • I did not find documentation or posts stating that Domains couldn't be Restricted Packages.  The documentation simply says "'Active' is the default, 'Inactive', and 'Restricted' are also available."
      • I actually did want to use the module as a Restricted Package to only some existing customers
    • I used "Set Packages" prior to testing the Order so that the appropriate user(s) had access to it
    • I only have a "Domain Package Group" selected and not "Package Group" selected as suggested here.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet