How To Change Billing Cycle From Monthly To Annual

jwogrady

Question

I'm attempting to change a cpanel service from monthly to annual billing.

- overide price - not checked.

- prorata box  - checked.

- Select annual cycle

- use module - checked

- coupon code applied ($10 off)

Saving generates a .13 invoice.... 

and I see this

This service has pending changes. Updating this service to upgrade or downgrade any of its values will cause the current pending changes to be canceled.

How do I clear that message

I've tried... voiding out the 13 cent invoice I don't undersatand....  Shouldn't the NEW invoice be the cost of a full year less any credit remaining during the current period (month).?

manually running automation....

There are no pending orders or services...

What's that message all about?  How do I correctly process the upgrade?

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 6.30.55 PM.png

Edited by jwogrady
Visual Aid Attached

2 answers to this question

21 hours ago, jwogrady said:

I'm attempting to change a cpanel service from monthly to annual billing.

- overide price - not checked.

- prorata box  - checked.

- Select annual cycle

- use module - checked

- coupon code applied ($10 off)

Saving generates a .13 invoice.... 

and I see this

This service has pending changes. Updating this service to upgrade or downgrade any of its values will cause the current pending changes to be canceled.

How do I clear that message

You see that message because you have Blesta configured to "Queue Service Changes Until Paid", so when you save the change, it is a queued service change that takes place once the invoice has been paid. The message will go away when the invoice is paid and the queued changes are finally made via cron.

21 hours ago, jwogrady said:

I've tried... voiding out the 13 cent invoice I don't undersatand....  Shouldn't the NEW invoice be the cost of a full year less any credit remaining during the current period (month).?

The invoice is the prorated difference between the new term at its new price and the old term at its old price with respect to the next renew date for the current monthly billing cycle. So the current month of $24.95, already paid, covers until Nov 9. The new yearly cost of $299.40 would be prorated to cover only from now until Nov 9, minus the amount already paid for the current month. The result is a cost difference of 13 cents to cover the yearly service for now until November 9, when the service renewal occurs. The next invoice to be generated for Nov 9, 2017 to Nov 9, 2018 would be the full price. If you want to process the service change without charging the 13 cent difference, you can save the service without checking the "Prorate" checkbox, in which case the service will be updated immediately and no invoice would be created. The service will simply renew next time at the yearly term.