The difference between buying from blesta directly or a reseller

HostKoala

Question

Hi I've been thinking about something for some time. What would be the difference buying from blesta directly or blesta.store in the case of an owned license. 

From blesta I can see the price for an owned branded license is 300 usd while blesta store is just 180. 120 usd isn't much but as a business that's a fantastic 40 % discount and would not be smart to ignore it. 

In addition to that, I noticed that while blesta officially allows u to buy a year's worth if updates for $39,but blesta store has no info regarding that. Is that a catch? Meaning if I buy a blesta store license, after one year, I will not be able to purchase a year's worth of updates? 

Finally, in the sudden unexpected event of blesta.store going bust, or disagreeing with blesta itself, or well, maybe even the death of blesta store owners, what would happen to my license purchased at blesta store? Will it still be valid? I can see blesta.store being the cheapest provider out there and it is slightly possible they might be running blesta store at a lost ( when it comes to blesta licenses), in order to gain a client base for potential blesta cms buyers. 

Thank you for your time reading this post and I would like to state that I wish blesta store owners the best of health and a long life. 

10 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, HostKoala said:

In addition to that, I noticed that while blesta officially allows u to buy a year's worth if updates for $39,but blesta store has no info regarding that. Is that a catch? Meaning if I buy a blesta store license, after one year, I will not be able to purchase a year's worth of updates? 

Sorry I couldn't fit it in but we do state you get a year included, then it's $39 per year, I'll find somewhere for it :). 

13 minutes ago, HostKoala said:

Finally, in the sudden unexpected event of blesta.store going bust, or disagreeing with blesta itself, or well, maybe even the death of blesta store owners, what would happen to my license purchased at blesta store? Will it still be valid? I can see blesta.store being the cheapest provider out there and it is slightly possible they might be running blesta store at a lost ( when it comes to blesta licenses), in order to gain a client base for potential blesta cms buyers. 

If that ever happens we would work out something with Blesta and you'd be able to have access to your license.

10 hours ago, HostKoala said:

Thanks for the clarification but u glossed over your cheap licenses XD muh conspiracy theory intensifies! 

But blesta store is good for me so far *I have a monthly license at the moment

haha yeah we buy in bulk so we get a discount and we pass that onto the customers and I'm glad you are happy with our service and support.

8 hours ago, HostKoala said:

Glad for all the responses :), I will look into purchasing an owned license with Blesta store soon !

We'll look forward to continuing our business together.

12 hours ago, HostKoala said:

Hi I've been thinking about something for some time. What would be the difference buying from blesta directly or blesta.store in the case of an owned license. 

From blesta I can see the price for an owned branded license is 300 usd while blesta store is just 180. 120 usd isn't much but as a business that's a fantastic 40 % discount and would not be smart to ignore it. 

Thank you for your time reading this post and I would like to state that I wish blesta store owners the best of health and a long life. 

1 hour ago, BlestaStore said:

haha yeah we buy in bulk so we get a discount and we pass that onto the customers and I'm glad you are happy with our service and support.

We'll look forward to continuing our business together.

Do you mean this?

https://blesta.store/cms

If I bought an owned license is it going to give me a lifetime license with 1 year updates?!

I found it for 180$ no branding! this is awesome, tell me this is a true thing not a scam!

Would it give me an access to Blesta client area? or just an access inside Blesta store but the same as Blesta with all updates?

1 hour ago, Riyadh said:

Do you mean this?

https://blesta.store/cms

If I bought an owned license is it going to give me a lifetime license with 1 year updates?!

I found it for 180$ no branding! this is awesome, tell me this is a true thing not a scam!

Would it give me an access to Blesta client area? or just an access inside Blesta store but the same as Blesta with all updates?

I believe the OP is talking about the Blesta Owned license instead of the monthly one which is found here: https://blesta.store/blesta. We do sell our CMS plugin on https://blesta.store/cms which allows you to take Blesta to the next level. If you buy the Blesta Owned license you only get a year of updates free then it's $39 per calendar year. 

The CMS however has the a lifetime license which means you never pay again. You can get that with Blesta but only from blesta.com.

3 hours ago, BlestaStore said:

I believe the OP is talking about the Blesta Owned license instead of the monthly one which is found here: https://blesta.store/blesta. We do sell our CMS plugin on https://blesta.store/cms which allows you to take Blesta to the next level. If you buy the Blesta Owned license you only get a year of updates free then it's $39 per calendar year. 

The CMS however has the a lifetime license which means you never pay again. You can get that with Blesta but only from blesta.com.

I mean at your store:

Owned Unbranded costs 180$ with 1 year updates and support

I understand from this after 1 year I still have the right to use the script BUT without new updates except if I renewd my updates for $39 right?

Why it costs less than the original price about $120 off!

It costs here $300

https://www.blesta.com/pricing/

2 minutes ago, Riyadh said:

I mean at your store:

Owned Unbranded costs 180$ with 1 year updates and support

I understand from this after 1 year I still have the right to use the script BUT without new updates except if I renewd my updates for $39 right?

Why it costs less than the original price about $120 off!

It costs here $300

https://www.blesta.com/pricing/

Correct :)

Riyadh probably because they have a deal with blesta, and I guess with resellers blesta kinda outsources support to another company like blesta store, who is happy with their pricing. 

In addition to that, if they convert users to use their blestacms they will be making a very healthy profit