multi-currency on renewals

user1774

I sell products that are USD and products that are CAD as many do.  However I have some  larger clients that pay in the actual currency for each service and do not want me doing the conversion.  I.e.,  they will make me two separate payments per month, they may pay the CAD balance by  bank transfer or creditcard, and pay the USD balance by PayPal.

The default behavior of Blesta appears to be  to  bill all renewals in the  clients preferred currency, based on an exchange rate of the product did not have a  term in their currency.

My solution so far is:

I’ve added a custom field to clients called “Invoice Group by Currency”,      and if this is not checked off cron.php operates as usual default behavior of  blesta and  will pass all the services into invoiceServices with the  default currency for the group or client etc.

However if it is checked, in createRenewingServiceInvoices()  I iterate through the  services to be invoiced, group them by currency then call a separate $this->invoiceServices()    for each group of invoices of the same currency.

Can you suggest if I am going to run into problems with this? 

These clients are not autobilled so I do not need to worry about having a way to specify/assign payments account to currencies for now,  I think I Just need to  clean up the client dashboard a bit to show a more organized view of the  currencies grouped and flow to paying them.