Plesk - Apache graceful restart still causes Connection reset by peer

fissionblue

Question

Hey everyone, I'm having some issues with the Plesk module and provisioning while running from within a Plesk server.

I have already followed the directions at the bottom of: https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Plesk and can confirm gracefully is set to true in the db through the "query OK, rows matched: 1, changed: 0 ,warnings: 0" after running this as well UPDATE psa.misc SET val='true' WHERE param = 'restart_apache_gracefully';

Unfortunately we get a 503 error anyway, with the following logs:

503 POST /admin/clients/editservice/18/16/ HTTP/1.0

(104)Connection reset by peer: AH01075: Error dispatching request to :, referer: {blesta billing system url here}/admin/clients/editservice/18/16/

Any idea why this error is persisting, even after all these steps? is the information I'm using out of date? Any help is appreciated to find a solution running within a Plesk server.

7 answers to this question

I agree with you all. I should run it outside of Plesk, though that snippet about getting apache to restart gracefully gave me hope. I think it might in fact be a Plesk issue, because the DB entry is definitely there. I guess what makes it extra salty is Blesta was in fact running separately, and I migrated it into my Plesk server once I saw the snippet :(

This is why most control panels run their own web server for their panel, apart from customers (cPanel does this). If the published solution no longer works with Plesk, maybe Plesk can provide some insight on why that is and what we can do about it. If you're able to get any information from them, please pass it along.

If you're able to run Blesta on its own smallish VPS that may be better all around as it'll be isolated from the shared hosting environment under Plesk, and more secure.

Hey everyone, I've found a way to get past the graceful restart. you must run this from CLI:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

image.thumb.png.e72c724470a6178064fb0aaa5892eb50.png

However, I will still likely complete the migration back to my small VPS because cron isn't firing, despite spending way too much time on it

Edit: php doesn't run out of the default location in plesk - got cron running by adjusting the install directory