two domains for 1 company

Blesta Addons

Question

Hello

we need to add another domain to our blesta installation, i'm not talking about multi-company, is a new domain for our company. let say the main domain (licensed domain) is domainx.com , we have a new domain domainx.us, and other domainx.fr , we will use the new domains for targeting users via Geo-localization, is something like multi-domain. we need to know if possible or allowed to use such case, and this will impact the blesta system cron/emails ... ect?

or we need to use one domain only for client area?

our idea is to create a plugin that will analyze visitor browser language and IP country to redirect it to the correct domain (fr/us/uk/es ..ect) and set the default langauge/currency based in the client country.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, BlestaStore said:

Personally this is what I was going to do:

english = blesta.store

french = blestafrdomain -> redirect to blesta.store/fr/

you are talking about subfolder, and this can be done without any issue .

i'm talking about about subdomain or another domain  that is not licensed .

1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

you are talking about subfolder, and this can be done without any issue .

i'm talking about about subdomain or another domain  that is not licensed .

I mean by languages so your cms has the same as ours, so you could make an index.php and redirect domain.fr to domain.com/fr/ which will have everything in French.

3 hours ago, BlestaStore said:

I mean by languages so your cms has the same as ours, so you could make an index.php and redirect domain.fr to domain.com/fr/ which will have everything in French.

this will not be implemented in our CMS, we have this already in our multi-language plugin (beta version now), we can map language to a subfolder [/fr - /us - /uk - /in ... ect] if GeoIP enabled. our case is we need to map some domain extensions to some countries.

i will release a plugin for autoupdate geoip database daily in blesta. no more to download and extract and upload :)

There is no license restriction on clients logging in at a different domain.. so they can login or order at your unique TLDs/domains. However, only Staff can login at the licensed domain. Email templates, and everything else will be the same, so if your emails are @domain.com, then they would all originate from that domain.

I hope that helps! :)