The one-time password entered is invalid.

Blesta Addons

Question

8 answers to this question

I don't think the timezone should have an effect on this issue since the time comparison is relative to UTC. This type of issue usually arises because the server time is no longer synced with the current actual time.

For example, if the time is currently 08:00 but your server time is 07:55, the server time is 5 minutes slow, so while clients will generate a OTP based on 08:00, it will be compared against a different OTP from 07:55 by the server. This time drift will cause the OTP to be rejected if it is more than +/- 3 minutes from current time.

all our new clients cannot use the two factor identification, they all receive the error "The one-time password entered is invalid." test in all browsers and no effect .

the old account also if they logout the can't login again and they recieve a invalid onetime password .

Please is urgent and trivial.

2 hours ago, Tyson said:

Is your server time accurate? If it's off by even a couple minutes the one time password will not be accepted.

i checked and i found the server time is also set to Africa/Casablanca. what pist or debug i need to do? now a lot of claim from clients, they can't access their account,

13 hours ago, Tyson said:

For example, if the time is currently 08:00 but your server time is 07:55, the server time is 5 minutes slow, so while clients will generate a OTP based on 08:00, it will be compared against a different OTP from 07:55 by the server. This time drift will cause the OTP to be rejected if it is more than +/- 3 minutes from current time.

i will check this and return to you.

22 hours ago, Tyson said:

that was the cause, thanks, resolved .