Ability to set effective date when establishing a service

katycomputer

When adding a service, I'd like to be able to set an effective date for that service.

Unless I am missing something, the current system has a few ways to achieve this same goal, but they are clunky multi-step affairs.

What I am proposing is a field that would default to today, that allows setting of a future effective date. Bonus points if we can set a date in the past with the option to pro-rate or not prorate.

When migrating from one system to another, you want to set things up well before the end of the current period, so in my case, I am going to have to spend the better part of New Year's day entering new services. It would be far better if I could enter those services today & mark them effective 1/1.

Regarding prior events, this isn't as common, but from time to time your allow a client to receive the benefits of their subscription on Monday, then don't setup the billing until Friday - you still want to capture the 4 days revenue, the current system forces you to create an invoice today for the current period, then remember to setup a recurring service at the start of the next period. Or give up revenue from beginning of current period. Being able to set an effective date would eliminate the greatest burden.