Cron Error Log - Invoice Delivery

evolvewh

I found this in the cron log today for invoice deliveries:

Attempting to deliver invoices scheduled for delivery. Unable to deliver 15 invoices to client #73 via Email due to error: At least one of the email To addresses provided is not a valid email address. The deliver invoices task has completed.

This client doesn't have any services due in 7 days (our Invoice days before renewal setting) so I'm not sure why it was even trying to create any invoices for them today. It's in the log multiple times.

This is v4.2.0 Blesta

If there are invoices that are scheduled to be delivered they will be attempted, and reattempted, until sent. The creation of invoices is different from delivering them, and what you describe appears to be only related to invoice delivery. I would suggest checking whether the client's email address is invalid as the error signifies, updating it if it is, and optionally removing the affected invoices from the delivery queue by editing the invoices to remove the email delivery option.

Based on the error, the email address is malformed or the domain does not have valid DNS/MX records. I don't think Blesta will be able to send email to that address and you'll continue to encounter email delivery errors for that client.

You can check the database for any queued emails set to be delivered to that client:

SELECT `invoice_delivery`.* 
FROM `invoice_delivery` 
INNER JOIN `invoices` ON `invoices`.`id` = `invoice_delivery`.`invoice_id`
WHERE `invoice_delivery`.`method` = 'email'
AND `invoice_delivery`.`date_sent` IS NULL
AND `invoices`.`client_id` = 73;

3 hours ago, Tyson said:

Based on the error, the email address is malformed or the domain does not have valid DNS/MX records. I don't think Blesta will be able to send email to that address and you'll continue to encounter email delivery errors for that client.

You can check the database for any queued emails set to be delivered to that client:

SELECT `invoice_delivery`.* 
FROM `invoice_delivery` 
INNER JOIN `invoices` ON `invoices`.`id` = `invoice_delivery`.`invoice_id`
WHERE `invoice_delivery`.`method` = 'email'
AND `invoice_delivery`.`date_sent` IS NULL
AND `invoices`.`client_id` = 73;

I ran that query and no results were returned. I will have to look closer and see if I can find any domains that don't have valid DNS / MX records but that same email address receives other invoices and support ticket notifications.