Invoiced Today

Blesta Addons

4 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

we are not running 4.2.0, we are in 4.1.2, and i think they are a two deferent issue .

Does it have to do with the prorata because of the year switch? Maybe still be same issue in 4.1.2 depending on what exactly is triggering it 

7 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

we are not running 4.2.0, we are in 4.1.2, and i think they are a two deferent issue .

It sounded like this issue, but if you're running 4.1.2, then it's probably different. I just don't fully understand what's happening. Unless, this is because the billing overview widget is counting invoices that are created from proforma because they are paid.

For example, you have a proforma invoice, today it is paid, so it counts as being invoiced today?

@Blesta Addons When a proforma invoice is paid it is converted to an active invoice.  When a proforma invoice is converted to an active invoice, its 'date_billed' is updated to the current date.   'date_billed' is  what 'Invoiced Today' is based on.

Would it be acceptable to not count proforma invoices as part of those 'Invoiced Today'?

2 hours ago, Jono said:

@Blesta Addons When a proforma invoice is paid it is converted to an active invoice.  When a proforma invoice is converted to an active invoice, its 'date_billed' is updated to the current date.   'date_billed' is  what 'Invoiced Today' is based on.

Would it be acceptable to not count proforma invoices as part of those 'Invoiced Today'?

Does Would create another issue, the logical when proforma is created it should be counted in invoiced today, if paid shouldn't been counted as is already counted . if we exclude the proforma from being counted it would show a erroneous data as it would show only who was paid.

if you ask me a suggestion for this, in case of no proforma enabled let the stats as it now, but if proforma enabled, remove the invoiced today based on invoice created today  and replce it with invoiced Today based on proforma status only, i hope it's clear .

why? any invoice when the proforma is enabled it should be paid totally . so the invoice can't be with open status.

3 hours ago, Jono said:

I prefer exlude paid invoice from the count .

@Blesta Addons Since the bill date changes for proforma invoices once they are paid, the "Invoiced Today" statistic appears to be logically accurate. It sounds like you would prefer to have the statistic represent the proforma invoices invoiced today but not actual invoices. This would also affect the "Invoiced this Month" statistic since those are generated identically, so the "Invoiced Today" and "Invoiced this Month" statistics would only refer to current proforma invoices in your case and will always exclude actual invoices.

Example:

If you generate a proforma invoice today, the amount will appear in both the "Invoiced Today" and "Invoiced this Month" statistic. If the customer also pays for it today, the invoice amount will no longer appear in the "Invoiced Today"  or "Invoiced this Month" statistic. Do you think that amounts being removed from these statistics makes sense?

• 1 month later...

What do you think of two new settings?:

• Invoiced Today (Proforma)
  • Invoiced this Month (Proforma)

We'd keep the current "Invoiced Today" and "Invoiced this Month" settings the same as they are now, but add those two new settings that only refer to proforma invoices. Thoughts?

• Tyson locked this topic