Invoiced this month incorrect

evolvewh

31 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

What the invoices under billing show? can you make a manual calcul from the invoices you have.

The difference is $647.46 - $87.40 at the time that screenshot was taken so it was $560.06 too high under 'invoiced this month'

53 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

from invoices pages under billing, you can inspect if their are closed/open/voided invoices that match the difference ?

If I get a chance to go through all of that. It's picking something up from the last 2-3 days of 2017

I took a look at the calculation and all appears well as-is. My suspicion is one of the following:

1. The server time may be off resulting in the current time being pulled in from another year (seems unlikely with the numbers you show)
  2. You may have existing invoices with a bill date between Jan 2 and Jan 31

11 minutes ago, Tyson said:

I took a look at the calculation and all appears well as-is. My suspicion is one of the following:

1. The server time may be off resulting in the current time being pulled in from another year (seems unlikely with the numbers you show)
  2. You may have existing invoices with a bill date between Jan 2 and Jan 31

@Tyson

1) Server time is MST where we are located

2) I'm not sure how I could have existing invoices with a bill date between Jan 2 and Jan 31 when the screenshot was taken on Jan 1. HowCan you explain that more?

12 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

2) I'm not sure how I could have existing invoices with a bill date between Jan 2 and Jan 31 when the screenshot was taken on Jan 1. HowCan you explain that more?

You can create/update invoices to have a future "Date Billed". See the screenshot below and assume the "Date Billed" was a date between Jan 2 and Jan 31. That bill date is what is used for the "Invoiced Today" and "Invoiced this Month" statistics. If you have any invoices in your system with a bill date between Jan 2 and Jan 31 then that could account for the discrepancy you noticed on Jan 1. The "Invoiced this Month" statistic covers invoices across the entire month, even if the entire month has not yet passed, i.e. Jan 1 - Jan 31 -- not Jan 1 - Jan 2 (since today is Jan 2)

create-invoice.png?version=3&modificatio

If you go to Billing > Invoices  and sort by Date Billed descending on the Open, Closed, or Pending statuses, do you have any invoices with a future bill date this month?

That makes more sense and thanks for that explanation. I would have thought that 'invoiced this month' would not include pending invoices until they actually got sent out and it doesn't include recurring invoices. We do have pending invoices for later this month.

Those pending invoices must be the cause then. "Invoiced this Month" just concerns itself with there being an active invoice billed within the date range. An active invoice includes invoices that are pending since pending invoices are just active invoices with a future bill date. This logic could be updated to disclude pending invoices, but I'm not sure if that's the best action here. It can be useful knowledge either way depending on how you look at it.

It may make sense to have more statistics to account for differences like this, though, e.g. "Pending Invoices this Month", "Open Invoices this Month", "Closed Invoices this Month"

17 hours ago, Tyson said:

It may make sense to have more statistics to account for differences like this, though, e.g. "Pending Invoices this Month", "Open Invoices this Month", "Closed Invoices this Month"

Expanding on this at some point would be nice but I still personally think the domain manager is a bigger priority.

• Tyson locked this topic