page takes ages to load after create client

si458

Question

Hi All

I'm wondering if anybody else if having the same issue i am or maybe I have something set wrong somewhere

When i click create on the create client page the page then sits there saying loading, however after about 30secs it then redirects to the client page and says created

And on a few other pages I have the same issue where it seems to wait 30secs then does what it needs to do?

Ubuntu 16.04 

Apache 2.4 

PHP 7.1

Mysql 5.7

Blesta 4.2.0

Thank you for the help

Regards 

Simon

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, si458 said:

Hi All

I'm wondering if anybody else if having the same issue i am or maybe I have something set wrong somewhere

When i click create on the create client page the page then sits there saying loading, however after about 30secs it then redirects to the client page and says created

And on a few other pages I have the same issue where it seems to wait 30secs then does what it needs to do?

Ubuntu 16.04 

Apache 2.4 

PHP 7.1

Mysql 5.7

Blesta 4.2.0

Thank you for the help

Regards 

Simon

Hello, I would check... 

That you applied the 7.1 HotFix when you installed/upgraded Blesta.  

And finally if you allocated at least 64M of memory to PHP processes under your Blesta install path. If you have this amount allocated you may want to try to up it and see if that helps as well. 

It shouldn't take 30 seconds to create a client or do most anything in the system. That long of a wait time can usually be attributed to latency or server performance issues. 

As mentioned above, you may not have enough system memory available and the server could be paging a lot, reducing performance and response time. You didn't mention whether you're on a VPS, but if so, you could be low on resources or the server could be overloaded, causing the issue. If the database server is different from your Blesta server, there could be latency issues or stalled/long-running queries that are causing the slowness with some actions. It's difficult to say exactly where the cause lies, but in any case you should take a look at the server resources and update its configuration as necessary.

44 minutes ago, si458 said:

Hi All

Sorry the server is a vps but it's on our own hardware in our own datacenter, all ssd, 1g links so I don't think the server is the issue but I will check 

The memory limit it set as 128mb

The vps is dual core 4gb ram 64bit ubuntu 

Simon

If the VPS and your box have enough resources then  PHP may need more RAM for processing an active Blesta install. My is set on 64M but I have zero "active" clients on it so if your install is active and/or have a bunch of active plugins/modules that yours may be needing more RAM than even 128M. 

Otherwise I would be blaming the latency. 

12 hours ago, MineHarvest66 said:

If the VPS and your box have enough resources then  PHP may need more RAM for processing an active Blesta install. My is set on 64M but I have zero "active" clients on it so if your install is active and/or have a bunch of active plugins/modules that yours may be needing more RAM than even 128M. 

Otherwise I would be blaming the latency. 

ok well tried it again today and now im getting even weirder results?

copied the hotfix/php7.1 over AGAIN just incase it miss-copied - same results

increased memory and cpu of VM from 2 core, 4gb to 4 core, 8gb - its now loads the page quicker (not instant, just quicker say 15secs instead of 30secs)

BUT even weirder when it redirects to the 'successfully created' client page, the clients page is now showing 2 entries for one client? even tho all links seem to link to the same client id ?

any ideas?

image.thumb.png.7b4a83bfc4d5fb307ff927e7050c69af.png