is it possible non-merchant gateway with monthly charges

si458

Hi All

I'm trying to find out if its possible to make a payment gateway to do the following, I have tried a few ways using the API but having no luck but I might be looking at this the wrong way

1. create customer using blesta
2. add ACH details using custom gateway (UK)
3. after submitting the ACH, the blesta HAS to redirect the admin/customer to the gateway hosted pages to re-fill in the ACH details
(bloody stupid really as i HAVE to do this unless i wanna pay over £300 a month to have full API access to NOT have to redirect the admin/customer)
4. after filling in and gateway says all is OK, it then redirects back to blesta to say successful
5. once a month when invoices are generated, it takes the payment using the custom gateway

i have been able to do step 1, step 2, step 3 fine without any issue
however im stuck with step 4 and 5

from what ive read in the docs, api, and php files, you can only redirect back to blesta using a Non-Merchant Gateway

is the anyway around this or as i said am i just being silly and missing something completely

Simon

For step 4, you are correct in saying that Blesta does not support redirects for merchant gateways.  Is there a reason you are not implementing this as a non-merchant gateway?  Does the API not support that?  Unfortunately non-merchant would allow the client to choose their payment method each time they are invoiced, so you could not do step 5.

For step 5, well each currency is only allowed one merchant gateway so that should be happening automatically.  Are you asking how to enable auto-debiting?

On 05/01/2018 at 5:05 PM, Jono said:

For step 4, you are correct in saying that Blesta does not support redirects for merchant gateways.  Is there a reason you are not implementing this as a non-merchant gateway?  Does the API not support that?  Unfortunately non-merchant would allow the client to choose their payment method each time they are invoiced, so you could not do step 5.

For step 5, well each currency is only allowed one merchant gateway so that should be happening automatically.  Are you asking how to enable auto-debiting?

sorry for the long delay in replying

i could make the gateway a non-merchant BUT it means the customer has to pay for the invoice themselves and i cant let blesta take the payments etc itself without me doing anything

the gateway is sadly 'GoCardless' which handles UK Direct Debits

if i was to set it up as non-merchant, and a user bought a plan, gocardless wud need 3 WORKING days to setup the account and DD then 3 WORKING days to take the payment, then i would have to manually go into blesta and select the user had made a payment because i cant get gocardless to notifify blesta of a payment without using there PRO PLAN which costs £200 a month ONTOP of ur fees

i have however tho through of a way, so im going to get building and see where i end up

dont gocardless as a payment gateway, just doing it as a plugin or module

go into the customer, click a custom button which then created the gocardless account and mandate, and returns back to the blesta panel without any issue, then on the cronjob, once a day check for outstanding invoices that havnt already been tried to taken, and then go from there

but its going to be a trial and error, so onwards and upwards :)

Edited by si458
cant spell for toffee

• 10 months later...
On 1/5/2018 at 10:25 PM, si458 said:

sorry for the long delay in replying

i could make the gateway a non-merchant BUT it means the customer has to pay for the invoice themselves and i cant let blesta take the payments etc itself without me doing anything

the gateway is sadly 'GoCardless' which handles UK Direct Debits

if i was to set it up as non-merchant, and a user bought a plan, gocardless wud need 3 WORKING days to setup the account and DD then 3 WORKING days to take the payment, then i would have to manually go into blesta and select the user had made a payment because i cant get gocardless to notifify blesta of a payment without using there PRO PLAN which costs £200 a month ONTOP of ur fees

i have however tho through of a way, so im going to get building and see where i end up

dont gocardless as a payment gateway, just doing it as a plugin or module

go into the customer, click a custom button which then created the gocardless account and mandate, and returns back to the blesta panel without any issue, then on the cronjob, once a day check for outstanding invoices that havnt already been tried to taken, and then go from there

but its going to be a trial and error, so onwards and upwards :)

Hi si458,

Did you have any luck in implementing setting up GoCardless mandates and taking monthly payments?

I also require this functionality.  Having GoCardless as a  non-merchant gateway is pointless to me as its main use case is for recurring billing.

8 hours ago, SamP said:

Hi si458,

Did you have any luck in implementing setting up GoCardless mandates and taking monthly payments?

I also require this functionality.  Having GoCardless as a  non-merchant gateway is pointless to me as its main use case is for recurring billing.

Sorry for jumping in.. but maybe this will be helpful. GoCardless is implemented similarly to PayPal (Which supports PayPal Subscriptions). So, clients can set up a recurring payment the first time, which will recur automatically. Docs at https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/GoCardless 

Take a look at this screenshot - https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/GoCardless?preview=/10551346/10551350/gocardless-installed.png

Most people will want "One time and subscription payments when possible". Alternatively you can select "Subscription Payments Only". However, it's important to note that if the client is selecting to pay an invoice that does not have only recurring items, they will not be able to make a recurring subscription payment. So, giving the client the option (one time or subscription) you give the client control without risking a one-time invoice being unpayable.

13 hours ago, Paul said:

Sorry for jumping in.. but maybe this will be helpful. GoCardless is implemented similarly to PayPal (Which supports PayPal Subscriptions). So, clients can set up a recurring payment the first time, which will recur automatically. Docs at https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/GoCardless 

Take a look at this screenshot - https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/GoCardless?preview=/10551346/10551350/gocardless-installed.png

Most people will want "One time and subscription payments when possible". Alternatively you can select "Subscription Payments Only". However, it's important to note that if the client is selecting to pay an invoice that does not have only recurring items, they will not be able to make a recurring subscription payment. So, giving the client the option (one time or subscription) you give the client control without risking a one-time invoice being unpayable.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response.

With Quickfile (QF) and may other apps that integrate GoCardless (GC) , they provide a way for clients to setup a direct debit mandate with GC and work in the following way:

• This is achieved by sending the client a Direct Debit Request  (or Direct Debit Pre-authorisation) from within QF (i.e. an email  with an embedded URL link (to the QF website which redirects the user to the GC website which appears to redirect to the URL provided in my GC account for adding customers).
  • The customer then completes the form on the GC website and submits.  
  • In  QF under the client it displays that a Direct Debit is setup.
  • When creating recurring invoices for the client - an option to Auto-Bill by Direct Debit (i.e. GC) is then available.
    • When the client is sent the invoice automatically by email - the email has a link to the inline version of the invoice (in their client area) that states that the invoice will be paid by Direct Debit (though it would be better if the email itself)
  • When creating one--off invoices - an option to pay the invoice via GC is then available for admins.
  • If no Direct Debit Pre-authorisation exists for a client - the client can pay by GC:
    • by clicking on a link on their invoice that takes them to their client area on the QF website
    • then completing the direct debit authorisation form
  • Once a direct debit pre-authorisation exists - any new invoices (e.g. for new services) for both one-off or  recurring invoices raised against the client can be paid using GC using the options mentioned above.

I am still attempting to setup GoCardless in Blesta so do not quite yet understand exactly how it works but it does appear that in Blesta that an invoice must first be created before a client authorises a direct debit mandate.  

I would be grateful if someone could explain how GC use  in Blesta differs to the above.

thanks i advance.1624399826_2018-11-1411_20_51-3.thumb.png.e21bc17d54472b10aec38730907dbca7.png

2018-11-14 11_17_06-Clipboard.png

2018-11-14 11_17_42-2.png

2018-11-14 13_10_31-4.png

2018-11-14 13_40_49-Invoice_.png