how to add html or php pages to blesta

Amit Kumar Mishra

Question

hi all

in my test install, i have tried all but its not working

say i have a.com, blesta installed at root

now say i wish to have a.com/about-us.html or a.com/about-us.php or any other, i cannot get it done

i am sure i am missing out on something, but not sure what

this may be done via the use of a plugin, but i wish to get it done without a plugin

whenever i upload a page in that fashion and try to access it, blesta gives me a 404 page

what may i do and how do i proceed

any help is welcomed

thanks

12 answers to this question

You shouldn't install Blesta in the root of your domain, all resources are routed through index.php. The only exception is if you are using something like Blesta CMS that makes a CMS out of Blesta for that purpose. Otherwise, you should install Blesta in a sub-directory (ie domain.com/blesta/), or a subdomain. (ie blesta.domain.com). You can't have other HTML files mixed in with your Blesta install.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

You can't have other HTML files mixed in with your Blest

say i want to have a "about" page

or say a "terms of service" page

how do i add those?

2 hours ago, activa said:

You need to add a custom htaccess code and you can access you html and other php files .

my .htaccess is empty...

what shall i put in there so that i am able to achieve what i intend, as i mentioned above...

if i'm not wrong, the htaccess has already a code that check if the requested filename exist in the directory then it should not handled with blesta index . so normally it should work if you upload your  html files to index directory.

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

3 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

if i'm not wrong, the htaccess has already a code that check if the requested filename exist in the directory then it should not handled with blesta index . so normally it should work if you upload your  html files to index directory.

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

yeah

so i remove it and then try?

hi

sorry to all whom i bothered

actually the problem was a 404 error popping in due to the improper url

@GosuHost who is like my younger brother and a good mate pointed out the mistake, the thing what i was trying to achieve was already done

i had about as <a href"about.html">

this which accessed from the clients dashboard turned out to be clients/about.html instead of /about.html

what a fool i was

what i need is good sound sleep, so that i do not make these silly mistakes and bother my community mates

if i would had written the complete url this would not had been the issue, like <a href"domain.tld/about.html">

but ,any thanks to all those who did stoped by to help me