PHP 7.1upgrade issues

Qurius

Question

Have recently upgraded a VPS server to PHP 7.1 from 5.6 and everything went well including loading Blesta  except when I went to test the backup which now times out. In the process of trying to figure that out I came across this in one of the logs:

[16-Jan-2018 13:00:01 UTC]PHP Fatal error:  The file *****/public_html/clients/app/app_controller.php cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader.

Blesta would not load without the hotfix uploaded so not sure why the error.  

Thanks

Blesta  4.20 ( PHP 7.1 hotfix applied)

IonCube 10.1

PHP 7.1.13

9 answers to this question

It sounds like your CLI version of PHP is missing Ioncube or at least the right version of Ioncube. It's possible you are executing a PHP 5.6 binary in your cron command. You may need to find the correct path to your PHP 7.1 binary and update your cron job to use the correct path.

Thank you BlestaStore and GosuHost for your offers of help but I think  I can see what's happened and feel kinda stupid for not realizing this sooner.  I believe that the error was related to the cron job which was using the old path to php  (/usr/local/bin/php) and that would have used PHP 5.6 since after the upgrade was set as the default PHP version. When I changed the path to be /usr/local/bin/ea-php71 it doesn't look like the error is repeating.

Thanks again!

Just now, Qurius said:

LOL... Paul I missed your post before I did mine and you are right 

I think you were typing when I posted :) Quick question for you. Are you running 4.2? And if so, does it show the correct path to your PHP 7.1 binary under Settings > System > Automation? We made a change that should more intelligently display the right path to PHP.. curious how good of a job we did on that in your environment.

12 minutes ago, Qurius said:

Thank you BlestaStore and GosuHost for your offers of help but I think  I can see what's happened and feel kinda stupid for not realizing this sooner.  I believe that the error was related to the cron job which was using the old path to php  (/usr/local/bin/php) and that would have used PHP 5.6 since after the upgrade was set as the default PHP version. When I changed the path to be /usr/local/bin/ea-php71 it doesn't look like the error is repeating.

Thanks again!

Trust me your not the only one. One time I forgot that every single directory was pointed at /home2 instead of /home ... :(