Scheduled canceled service not removing invoice

Blesta Addons

i have some Scheduled canceled services that they has open invoice, the service was well canceled, but the invoice is till remain active .

i have already ticked the option in the billing settings to "Void Open Invoices on Service Cancellation" .

Note we use Proforma enabled, not sure why the Proforma still open.

also i prefer if the process add a note in the invoice to indicate the invoice was voided by cancelling the service .

1. Is the invoice past due at time of cancellation? If so, the invoice will remain open.
  2. Are there any other line items on the invoice besides those related to the service? If so, the invoice will remain open, but the items related to the service will be removed.

5 hours ago, Tyson said:

Is the invoice past due at time of cancellation? If so, the invoice will remain open.

We also has the same issue. And the invoice is past due in time of cancellation.

From tyson this behavior is normal .

From me, it has no sense, why i should cancel services that still active ???????

We have auto cancel plugin set to shulded canceled services that are x days suspended, and always we found the invoices still open until we have see this post.we thinked is our misconfiguration . To be honest some behavior in blesta has no logical sense like this issue.

2 hours ago, activa said:

We also has the same issue. And the invoice is past due in time of cancellation.

From tyson this behavior is normal .

From me, it has no sense, why i should cancel services that still active ???????

We have auto cancel plugin set to shulded canceled services that are x days suspended, and always we found the invoices still open until we have see this post.we thinked is our misconfiguration . To be honest some behavior in blesta has no logical sense like this issue.

The same thing happens to me, and I also thought it was due to a misconfiguration on my part. Until today I realized it's normal behavior. ?

the logic :

- invoice generated for service renewal (Core Function)
- service suspended for non payment (Core Function)
- Scheduled service for cancellation (Plugin auto cancel)
- Service Canceled on date XX (Core Function)
- Invoice Should be Voided when service is canceled (Core Function) , this last step is not working in blesta.

for me it has no sense if the option is working only if the invoice is not past due !! normally if a client request cancellation service at the end of term, it will never the invoice voided as the invoice will be past due in the day of end of term.

i will not enter in a another debate about how it should work, but my logic example is working in other billing system, if the design of services/invoices work like this in blesta, then simply it should be changed .

13 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

the logic :

- invoice generated for service renewal (Core Function)
- service suspended for non payment (Core Function)
- Scheduled service for cancellation (Plugin auto cancel)
- Service Canceled on date XX (Core Function)
- Invoice Should be Voided when service is canceled (Core Function) , this last step is not working in blesta.

for me it has no sense if the option is working only if the invoice is not past due !! normally if a client request cancellation service at the end of term, it will never the invoice voided as the invoice will be past due in the day of end of term.

i will not enter in a another debate about how it should work, but my logic example is working in other billing system, if the design of services/invoices work like this in blesta, then simply it should be changed .

I agree with you, and I believe in my humble opinion that the auto cancelling should also be part of the Core and not a separate plugin.

The current logic exists to prevent customers from receiving the service for free for a period of time. The cutoff for voiding the invoice is when it is past due since that is the point we can reasonably assume the customer is entirely liable to pay the invoice for services rendered. If a customer has a service, but does not pay the invoice for it, it will become canceled after a period of time. During that time, they have received the service for free, but you are still due the amount of the invoice for having rendered the service to the customer.

If, instead, you void the invoice at that point, you accept that you are letting the customer have the service for free for that period. This behavior can be taken advantage of by customers to repeatedly receive free services for a length of time. For example, they can purchase a service, not pay for the renewal, and get the service for free until it's canceled and the invoice is voided. Then they can re-purchase it and repeat the process to get some time for free without worrying about paying an open invoice.

If you would like to offer free service time to customers in such cases, that sounds like it would be a business decision on your part, and we could add a new option to allow past due invoices to be voided upon cancellation, e.g.

Open Invoices that are X Days Past Due Will be Voided
Options:
- Any - (always void a past due invoice on cancellation)
0 Days (default, current behavior)
1 Day
2 Days
3 Days
60 Days

2 hours ago, Tyson said:

The current logic exists to prevent customers from receiving the service for free for a period of time. The cutoff for voiding the invoice is when it is past due since that is the point we can reasonably assume the customer is entirely liable to pay the invoice for services rendered. If a customer has a service, but does not pay the invoice for it, it will become canceled after a period of time. During that time, they have received the service for free, but you are still due the amount of the invoice for having rendered the service to the customer.

If, instead, you void the invoice at that point, you accept that you are letting the customer have the service for free for that period. This behavior can be taken advantage of by customers to repeatedly receive free services for a length of time. For example, they can purchase a service, not pay for the renewal, and get the service for free until it's canceled and the invoice is voided. Then they can re-purchase it and repeat the process to get some time for free without worrying about paying an open invoice.

If you would like to offer free service time to customers in such cases, that sounds would be a business decision on your part, and we could add a new option to allow past due invoices to be voided upon cancellation, e.g.

Options:
1 Day
2 Days
3 Days
60 Days

can you believe me if i told you we don't offer free service for X days, even for X minutes.

all our services are suspended the same day of invoice due. so no freebies we offer, so let me be based of a core plugin called "Auto Cancel" i think you know it. the plugin is Scheduled ONLY SUSPENDED service for cancellation, so we are sure only the suspended and the abandoned service will be canceled, so here we don't care about the client, only we need canceled service with voided invoice.

Can you please add anything (Option, Settings, Another Plugin ...ect) that void invoice for canceled service.

20 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

can you believe me if i told you we don't offer free service for X days, even for X minutes.

all our services are suspended the same day of invoice due. so no freebies we offer, so let me be based of a core plugin called "Auto Cancel" i think you know it. the plugin is Scheduled ONLY SUSPENDED service for cancellation, so we are sure only the suspended and the abandoned service will be canceled, so here we don't care about the client, only we need canceled service with voided invoice.

Can you please add anything (Option, Settings, Another Plugin ...ect) that void invoice for canceled service.

Suspended isn't the same as cancelled though. Some services like backup services, while suspended and the customer is locked out, may still be taking up a lot of disk space for which the hosting company expects to be paid. What I mean is, even a suspended service may have costs associated with it, and the suspension is just an incentive for the customer to pay. As Tyson mentioned, this is a business decision. Some companies may want it to work how you do, and some may not.

What are your thoughts on Tyson's proposed settings?

On 1/23/2018 at 1:12 PM, Tyson said:

If you would like to offer free service time to customers in such cases, that sounds would be a business decision on your part, and we could add a new option to allow past due invoices to be voided upon cancellation, e.g.

Options:
1 Day
2 Days
3 Days
60 Days

I believe that this proposal is a good option, as the company will be able to choose what best suits their needs.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:12 PM, Tyson said:

If you would like to offer free service time to customers in such cases, that sounds like it would be a business decision on your part, and we could add a new option to allow past due invoices to be voided upon cancellation, e.g.

Options:
1 Day
2 Days
3 Days
60 Days

1+ For this, Giving us the option is the solution.

On 22/01/2018 at 7:16 PM, Tyson said:

Is the invoice past due at time of cancellation? If so, the invoice will remain open.

We have tested with invoice not past due. It work but it lead to another bug. If the proforma has more than 2 lines , the line for concerned service is deleted, but the proforma is converted to invoice and this is a big issue in EU laws. Please a temporary fix for this is urgent.

14 minutes ago, activa said:

We have tested with invoice not past due. It work but it lead to another bug. If the proforma has more than 2 lines , the line for concerned service is deleted, but the proforma is converted to invoice and this is a big issue in EU laws. Please a temporary fix for this is urgent.

I have created https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-2592 to address this.

2 hours ago, activa said:

Confirmed.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I have created https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-2592 to address this.

A temporary fix is highly wanted .

just a note, is not a big deal here is the note added to invoice, it should has  a small formating fix

Service #2637 canceled Jan 25, 2018 10:00:19 PM.
Removed line items:
- 1.0000 @ 100.0000: Basic - xxxxxxx.xxx (Jan 25, 2018 - Jan 25, 2019)

Service #10155 canceled Jan 25, 2018 10:18:32 PM.

as you see here there are (1.0000 @ 100.0000:)  it should be something like (1 - 100$ : ). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...