Save Account checkbox should be ON by default

katycomputer

When clients pay their bill, it would better for all concerned if the "Save Account" checkbox was enabled by default.

I am on page /client/pay/method/79

Lacking this change in default setting, it would be good if we could set this default in /config/blesta.php

Lacking this option, it would be good to know where to change it in source file.

BTW: I tried creating this topic on https://requests.blesta.com/ the site wouldn't let me register an account. I kept getting invalid CAPTCHA

1 hour ago, katycomputer said:

When clients pay their bill, it would better for all concerned if the "Save Account" checkbox was enabled by default.

I am on page /client/pay/method/79

Lacking this change in default setting, it would be good if we could set this default in /config/blesta.php

Lacking this option, it would be good to know where to change it in source file.

BTW: I tried creating this topic on https://requests.blesta.com/ the site wouldn't let me register an account. I kept getting invalid CAPTCHA

Personally having it ticked "on" by default is kinda not trustworthy to me. Not everyone wants their data stored on your server (and for good reasons).  

If I went to a company that does insist on this or forces this then I wouldn't be willing to do business with said business. It like forcing Paypal subscriptions. 

Interesting perspective, but I disagree. For example, our local phone company had a similar policy. You could only setup auto-pay when your balance was zero.

So, their procedure required that you pay the bill, then come back two days later and configure auto-pay - what a PITA, it would be far better to pay and setup auto-pay in one step - and make it as clear and easy as possible. I wrote customer service and told them as much. It seems some-one with your frame of reference thought it would be dishonest for the phone company to make things simple.

We use Stripe, so client payment data isn't stored on our server.

To be clear, I am not recommending that we force the "Save Account" option, only that it be permitted to be the default, much like I asked that we be able to set the default client State/Province to be "Missouri" where 99% of our clients reside.

36 minutes ago, katycomputer said:

We use Stripe, so client payment data isn't stored on our server.

Unless you customized the stock's gateway module It is just not all of it. Last 4, expiration date, and card types are all stored by Blesta. So you better be PCI compliance SAQ D as per details on Stripe's docs. Or discontinue and destroy these records ASAP!  

I'm not sure yet if that field is something we would change the default behavior of, but if you'd like to set that behavior yourself you can update this file:

/app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_cc_info.pdt

Find and change:
isset($vars->save_details)

to:
$this->Html->ifSet($vars->save_details, 1)

On 1/21/2018 at 12:18 PM, katycomputer said:

To be clear, I am not recommending that we force the "Save Account" option, only that it be permitted to be the default, much like I asked that we be able to set the default client State/Province to be "Missouri" where 99% of our clients reside.

If you have geoip set up in Blesta, Blesta attempts to pre-select the users country and state during account creation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/23/2018 at 6:45 PM, Tyson said:

I'm not sure yet if that field is something we would change the default behavior of, but if you'd like to set that behavior yourself you can update this file:

/app/views/client/bootstrap/client_accounts_cc_info.pdt

Find and change:
isset($vars->save_details)

to:
$this->Html->ifSet($vars->save_details, 1)

Is this still a valid edit - it used to work for me, it's not working today.

• 2 years later...