CyberPanel Module (Alpha)

Paul

A new CyberPanel alpha module is available.

To install, download the attached cyberpanel.zip and unzip the file. Upload the cyberpanel directory to ~/components/modules/ and go to Settings > Company > Modules to install it.

Any comments or suggestions, please post them below. :blesta:

cyberpanel.zip

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2018 at 4:49 AM, lamlai said:

Hi @Paul , I'm having problems with the CyberPanel connection with Blesta you please help me, thank you very much!

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 6.43.33 PM.png

Accessing that IP in my browser works, but not over HTTPS and you've checked the "Use SSL" checkbox. Work without that? If not, please check your firewall. The module is not able to get a response from your server.

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, turner2f said:

Thanks.

But what I was asking was, once the plugin is activated how will our clients be able to access the ( CyberPanel ) interface ?

And how would we remove the " default " C-Panel interface that comes with Blesta so that the client does not get confused ?

It's not a matter of offering one or the other. You can offer both if you like. When activated, the customer would get a welcome email with details you define. The login would be available as a tag to the Package welcome email, so it can be included in this email. This could include the URL to the CyberPanel control panel so the customer knows where to login.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Lampard said:

This should be updated, as CyberPanel released a new version which is causing problem for this module to work in newer versions. Whenever an account is created by Blesta, it gives the admin access.

Where can we find API documentation?.. and why in the world would they implement backward incompatible changes to their API right out of the gate? I hope this isn't a sign of what to expect from them going forward.

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Where can we find API documentation?.. and why in the world would they implement backward incompatible changes to their API right out of the gate? I hope this isn't a sign of what to expect from them going forward.

I cannot find API documentation, probably the developers have to go through their GitHub for API. They have added three different users role which is why probably the newer version won't work with Blesta module and cause issues.

2 hours ago, Lampard said:

I cannot find API documentation, probably the developers have to go through their GitHub for API. They have added three different users role which is why probably the newer version won't work with Blesta module and cause issues.

It sounds almost like they don't want anyone to use their API. In order to correct the issue, we need something to go on. Trial and error with the API will take far too long. Is there someone from their team you could put us in touch with?

Apparently this bug has already been reported in the CyberPanel GitHub repository as the problem occurs even in the official WHMCS module. https://github.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel/issues/47

I am surprised that they introduce non backward compatible changes to API in a minor update. Apparently they're not using semantic versioning.

Hello!

The issue mentioned on Github is fixed, I've tested with blesta v4.3.0 (ships with CyberPanel module by default). However recently we released ACL Manager (https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=users)   due to which users created via API are defaulting to admin access, this specific bug will be patched and released soon after testing.

Regards

3 hours ago, Usman Nasir said:

Hello!

The issue mentioned on Github is fixed, I've tested with blesta v4.3.0 (ships with CyberPanel module by default). However recently we released ACL Manager (https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=users)   due to which users created via API are defaulting to admin access, this specific bug will be patched and released soon after testing.

Regards

Does this mean our module will continue to work again because you've resolved on your end, or will we need to make any changes? If we need to make any changes, your help is much appreciated! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting for it to work, i hope that it gets fixed. List of problems when using this module:
- Creates a domain, along with another domain with username, e,g if i created test.com, it will also create another domain tes.com if username is test.
- Password doesn't work when its created with Blesta
- Wrong info is added, wrong email etc when Blesta creates user in CyberPanel

These are big problems, hope that they get fixed asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, @Paul

I've tested again, once we check module to process the account creation 3 requests are sent to CyberPanel API.

1. This does not provide accurate data, as per order

{"adminUser":"admin","adminPass":"1234567","domainName":"cyberpan.com","ownerEmail":"cyberpan@cyberpan.mail","packageName":"Default","websiteOwner":"cyberpan","ownerPassword":"MTkxOTMyNDExMA=="}

2. This request also provide random data

{"adminUser":"admin","adminPass":"1234567","domainName":"cyberpan.com"}

3. The actual order data

{"adminUser":"admin","adminPass":"1234567","domainName":"cyberpanel.net","ownerEmail":"unasir@litespeedtech.com","packageName":"Default","websiteOwner":"cyberpan","ownerPassword":"6s9&^8vq06(q3d"}

Normally it should call API only once, parameters to create website are mentioned here: https://note.youdao.com/share/?id=f7ffbb4dc8c1f11e43ff9ae4c595443f&type=note#/

Scroll down to create new account, it also requires

1. domainName

Regards