set status when recording new payment

activa

When we add record payment . We can't set status as it alyaws go yo accepted. We need to set status also. Let say we adding a new payment via check, normally the check take 2 to 3 days to be in our account and sometimes it return due to unsificient funds in client bank or rejected to other reason.

We should make it pending until it in our account. Then we should mark it accepted.

3 hours ago, activa said:

When we add record payment . We can't set status as it alyaws go yo accepted. We need to set status also. Let say we adding a new payment via check, normally the check take 2 to 3 days to be in our account and sometimes it return due to unsificient funds in client bank or rejected to other reason.

We should make it pending until it in our account. Then we should mark it accepted.

Very Good Suggestion, we strongly recommend this .

3 hours ago, domaingood said:

Before transfer money to your account never add payment record.Because it's pending as per your bank.After check clear then add payment.

when a client send you a check, is a payment for him. rejected or accepted or returned is another story, in our company, we are clear, so when a client send a check payment we should store it immediately, if we don't add it so no visibility to any payment from him and sometimes the client call just to ask if the check has arrived or not so we should tell himĀ  is arrived but not yet cleared in the account.

we always when we receive a check or letter of credit or any swift copy of bank transfer, we record the payment, then we edit it and change the status to pending, after the payment is cleared we change it again to accepted .

If the check is returned, you can edit the transaction and change the status. This is the case with many forms of payment, the customer makes it but it's later returned, charged back, fought, etc. It's good to record the payment when it has been received, and update if the status changes. Now, if you are activating something that you can't easily undo, or shipping something to the customer, then you may want to hold recording the payment in Blesta.

Eventually crypto currency will solve all of thisĀ :D

2 hours ago, Paul said:

If the check is returned, you can edit the transaction and change the status. This is the case with many forms of payment, the customer makes it but it's later returned, charged back, fought, etc. It's good to record the payment when it has been received, and update if the status changes. Now, if you are activating something that you can't easily undo, or shipping something to the customer, then you may want to hold recording the payment in Blesta.

Eventually crypto currency will solve all of thisĀ :D

beside cases and how we should resolve them. normally a simple request with a little modification (2 files and is not impacting any other areas or functions) is not something that should beĀ  negate . anything will make life easier for users should be implemented .

something i feel blesta is designed to work how their developer think, not as their clients want !!!

NOTE; PayPal is handling the pending status of payments in some cases, blesta not !!!

4 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

beside cases and how we should resolve them. normally a simple request with a little modification (2 files and is not impacting any other areas or functions) is not something that should beĀ  negate . anything will make life easier for users should be implemented .

something i feel blesta is designed to work how their developer think, not as their clients want !!!

NOTE; PayPal is handling the pending status of payments in some cases, blesta not !!!

What specifically is being suggested in this case? It is not clear.

What is the issue with PayPal? If someone makes a check payment with PayPal, Blesta will record it as pending and the service will not be activated until PayPal updates the status when the check clears, which I've personally seen happen.

17 hours ago, activa said:

Yes. And what after?

I'm not sure I understand your question. From your first example, if you choose a non-approved status for a new transaction you create, then you can update it later to 'Approved'. The amount will then be a credit on the account, and you can use it to pay invoices.

6 hours ago, Tyson said:

I'm not sure I understand your question. From your first example, if you choose a non-approved status for a new transaction you create, then you can update it later to 'Approved'. The amount will then be a credit on the account, and you can use it to pay invoices.

I mean after this discuss , this request will be implemented or not ?