What to do if autodebit is enabled and not debited?

sunrisepro

Question

I have a lot of recurring invoices that are due on the last day of the month & the first day of the month. All of the invoices that were due yesterday (1/31) are with clients that have autodebit enabled. But it is 2/1 and none of the invoices are paid. I'm concerned now that all of my 2/1 invoices will go unpaid as well.

I've been using Blesta for ~2y and I have not seen this behavior before. Usually invoices are autodebited on the day they are due.

What's going on and how do I resolve this? Thank you.

10 answers to this question

It could be due to the cron (perhaps it failed to run?) or due to the time that the cron is set to run and the time/timezone set in Blesta versus your own.

What is the value of the setting Auto Debit Days Before Due Date under Settings > Billing/Payment > Invoice & Charge Options (or under the Client Group settings if you're overriding the setting there)?

What time of day does the automation task run for Auto Debit under Settings > Automation? And in what timezone? Is it the same timezone that you're in?

The cron line shown in Blesta is an example generated from what Blesta believes the path would be, but it's not used for anything. Your cPanel cron job looks correct. You can check under Settings > System > Automation to see the last time the cron was run. It should follow a 10 minute interval based on your cPanel cron line.

You may need to wait until you have other invoices due that should be autodebited to see if they are autodebited on the correct day or not.