Send Welcome Email to Additional Contacts

Jason Ryan

Hello -

Not sure if this had been submitted yet but when adding additional Contacts to an account, I am manually having to create and send emails with login information to these new Contacts. It would be lovely to have the same "Welcome Email" go out each time a new Contact has been added, not just the initial one that goes out during Account creation :)

1 minute ago, viablethought said:

Hello -

Not sure if this had been submitted yet but when adding additional Contacts to an account, I am manually having to create and send emails with login information to these new Contacts. It would be lovely to have the same "Welcome Email" go out each time a new Contact has been added, not just the initial one that goes out during Account creation :)

Nevermind, I found that it had been requested. I am updating there.

• 2 weeks later...

Good point . Already asked BA to add this option to thier resend welcome email plugin but he said the encrypted accounts passwords cannot be decrypted , so he suggested to me 2 option .

1- Only send a welcome email with login page and username with reset password link.

2- create new plugin to add contact and send the email .

He requested 50$ to implement. I have not paid it because is not a trivial issue and waiting to be a part of the core.

It seems 50$ was a deal for time and management .

On 12/02/2018 at 1:12 AM, activa said:

Good point . Already asked BA to add this option to thier resend welcome email plugin but he said the encrypted accounts passwords cannot be decrypted , so he suggested to me 2 option .

If i remember well, creating a new plugin to only add new contacts instead of the core page was the best solution to achieve 100% your request.

I have new Deal for you;

100$ to make the plugin and make it in our Access Subscription (Free for all)

50$ to make the plugin and make it in our Pro Subscription

Sounds like BlestaAddons suggestion would be for manually resending the welcome email to include contacts?

Having welcome emails go out to contacts automatically is feasible, but is likely to be problematic for some. We could probably say that welcome emails shouldn't go to contacts of the type "Billing", but what about the others? Maybe Joe is a technical contact and should be able to login and open support tickets but the customer doesn't want him to get passwords for new services.

See what I mean, there would probably need to be some permission scheme/rule set to determine who gets welcome emails automatically.

Maybe an option when staff or clients add new contacts? [x] Send this contact order emails

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

Sounds like BlestaAddons suggestion would be for manually resending the welcome email to include contacts?

Having welcome emails go out to contacts automatically is feasible, but is likely to be problematic for some. We could probably say that welcome emails shouldn't go to contacts of the type "Billing", but what about the others? Maybe Joe is a technical contact and should be able to login and open support tickets but the customer doesn't want him to get passwords for new services.

See what I mean, there would probably need to be some permission scheme/rule set to determine who gets welcome emails automatically.

Maybe an option when staff or clients add new contacts? [x] Send this contact order emails

Correct new ACLs for contacts would be required like...  

Receive New Order Emails  

Receive Support Emails 

Receive General Emails 

Etc.