Merge Invoice

Blesta Addons

might i ask a option to merge two invoices or more  in a single invoice  .

normally the merged invoices should be voided, added a Note, then create a new invoice with all the lines from the merged invoices.

another scenario is to select the  destination invoice for the merged invoices, then void only the merged one .

14 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

normally the merged invoices should be voided, added a Note, then create a new invoice with all the lines from the merged invoices.

another scenario is to select the  destination invoice for the merged invoices, then void only the merged one .

This "kinda exists" for services on the same day. What I tell my customers that any upgrades and such they want they would just would has to pay a prorated invoice that way they pay full price on their next term. 

1. Easier on the customer and that they pay for what they are going to use 

2. If they still want it then I don't need to process two or more payments per term. Cheaper and less processing on my end.   

So it's a win for both me and the customers. :) 

3 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

This "kinda exists" for services on the same day. What I tell my customers that any upgrades and such they want they would just would has to pay a prorated invoice that way they pay full price on their next term. 

1. Easier on the customer and that they pay for what they are going to use 

2. If they still want it then I don't need to process two or more payments per term. Cheaper and less processing on my end.   

So it's a win for both me and the customers. :) 

what is the relation between my request "Merge Invoices" and your description?

13 minutes ago, MineHarvest66 said:

That option merges invoices if they are posted for the same day. My description was intended to show how I handle that to leverage that feature as much as possible. 

so is nothing to do with our request .

sometimes we need to merge two invoice (with deferent dates, services) in one new/exist invoice . and void the old invoices, this need a lot of manual work and we can do this with 1 click if blesta add this option !!!

What kind of limitations would exist for this option? For example, can you merge a closed invoice with an open invoice?

Having this option may be useful, but it can be very complicated since it affects other parts of the system, e.g.:

• Services that renew may be tied to the invoice. If merging invoices containing renewable services, the affected invoices must be updated in `service_invoices`. (there may also be other limitations to this)
  • Transactions apply to invoices, so any payment must be updated to unapply from invoices and applied to another
  • Invoices are expected to exist and not be changed (which Blesta doesn't yet entirely support), but some laws in your area may not allow for this behavior, or have additional requirements

17 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

so is nothing to do with our request .

sometimes we need to merge two invoice (with deferent dates, services) in one new/exist invoice . and void the old invoices, this need a lot of manual work and we can do this with 1 click if blesta add this option !!!

Please refrain from stating my inputs as invalid to this request. As the OP said... 

1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

That option does merges two or more invoices. Even if it not to your liking please do not accuse of being 100% irrelevant.  

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Tyson said:

What kind of limitations would exist for this option? For example, can you merge a closed invoice with an open invoice?

Having this option may be useful, but it can be very complicated since it affects other parts of the system, e.g.:

• Services that renew may be tied to the invoice. If merging invoices containing renewable services, the affected invoices must be updated in `service_invoices`. (there may also be other limitations to this)
  • Transactions apply to invoices, so any payment must be updated to unapply from invoices and applied to another
  • Invoices are expected to exist and not be changed (which Blesta doesn't yet entirely support), but some laws in your area may not allow for this behavior, or have additional requirements

The intention is only merge unpaid/open Invoices/Proforma . or porforma if some laws not allow merge invoice ( i think exist a action called group invoices that is allowed, void 3 invoices and create new one)

closed/paid invoice we can't touch it .

• 2 weeks later...

For invoice merging, are you talking about only within the same client? So this option would appear on the client profile page as an admin only?

• Add an additional bulk option for Invoices called "Merge Invoices" below "Void Invoices"
  • A field will appear where you enter the invoice number to merge the selected invoices into
  • The line items are copied (not moved) to the destination invoice, and the selected invoices are voided

Does that sound right? Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Paul said:

For invoice merging, are you talking about only within the same client? So this option would appear on the client profile page as an admin only?

• Add an additional bulk option for Invoices called "Merge Invoices" below "Void Invoices"
  • A field will appear where you enter the invoice number to merge the selected invoices into
  • The line items are copied (not moved) to the destination invoice, and the selected invoices are voided

Does that sound right? Thoughts?

We have done the plugin as you have descrived . under client profile a new link called merge invoices . that list the invoices (Open / Closed / Void /  All). the admin can select multiple invoices to merge them, we are not coping the lines, but movind them to the target invoice, then we create a new line with total 0 in old invoice, adding a note and voiding it, then updating the service_invoices if exist, and the transaction if exist. finnaly we calcul the total and paid ...ect with setClosed() .

the limitation is only in currency, the merged invoices should has the same currency.

as now we can only think only in adding a ACL permissions for staff.

18 hours ago, Paul said:

CORE-2616

Question is whether we should allow only merging invoices into a new invoice or existing invoice or both.

[ Merge Invoices ]

-- New Invoice
-- Invoice #1234
-- Invoice #3456
-- Invoice #7890

Hello Paul :)

If we multi select:

-- Invoice #1234
-- Invoice #3456
-- Invoice #7890

Should merge all to the most recent open/unpaid, invoice/pro-forma, that is selected, in this case all into the Invoice/pro-forma #7890

On 28/02/2018 at 2:32 PM, PauloV said:

Hello Paul :)

If we multi select:

-- Invoice #1234
-- Invoice #3456
-- Invoice #7890

Should merge all to the most recent open/unpaid, invoice/pro-forma, that is selected, in this case all into the Invoice/pro-forma #7890

We have released the plugin, the staff select wich invoice to be the target. we like the idea to create new invoice, we will add it to our todo list

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 4:36 PM, Blesta Addons said:

We have released the plugin, the staff select wich invoice to be the target. we like the idea to create new invoice, we will add it to our todo list

Came in handy for me tonight, Perfect! Thanks mate! +1 for New Invoice