Multiple Account Emails

rebus9

Question

Our legacy billing system supports 2 email addresses per account, which is extremely useful.  Many of our high-line clients have more than 1 person responsible for accounts payable-- or in some cases, the owner wants CC'd on all billing related correspondence sent to their A/P department.

Put in perspective, more than half of our clients have 2 billing email addresses tied to their account.

Is there a way to associate more than 1 email address per account?

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, rebus9 said:

Our legacy billing system supports 2 email addresses per account, which is extremely useful.  Many of our high-line clients have more than 1 person responsible for accounts payable-- or in some cases, the owner wants CC'd on all billing related correspondence sent to their A/P department.

Put in perspective, more than half of our clients have 2 billing email addresses tied to their account.

Is there a way to associate more than 1 email address per account?

This is what you're looking for I believe: https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Company+>+General#Company>General-ContactTypes

18 hours ago, evolvewh said:

I thought it was...... but when I added additional contacts to the account (contact type = billing) those contacts still do not receive payment receipt emails.  Only the primary email address in the account-info section gets a copy.

But the opposite is true of new invoices.  When I created a new invoice, the secondary "billing" contact got the invoice but not the account owner.

1st need:  I need all contacts-- primary account owner plus any additional "billing" contacts, to all get a copy of any emails sent related to billing (invoices, receipts, late notices, etc.)

2nd need:  I also want our in-house accounts team to get a copy of all emails auto-generated by the system (receipts, invoices, etc.).  VERY IMPORTANT.  Our current system does this (it was a one-click global option) and we use it for sanity checking and verification.  We don't want any emails from the system going to clients without a BCC going to our accounts team, so we know exactly what our customers are receiving.  (We've caught errors this way.)

.... other than that, this seems to be a pretty nice product.

16 hours ago, rebus9 said:

I thought it was...... but when I added additional contacts to the account (contact type = billing) those contacts still do not receive payment receipt emails.  Only the primary email address in the account-info section gets a copy.

But the opposite is true of new invoices.  When I created a new invoice, the secondary "billing" contact got the invoice but not the account owner.

1st need:  I need all contacts-- primary account owner plus any additional "billing" contacts, to all get a copy of any emails sent related to billing (invoices, receipts, late notices, etc.)

2nd need:  I also want our in-house accounts team to get a copy of all emails auto-generated by the system (receipts, invoices, etc.).  VERY IMPORTANT.  Our current system does this (it was a one-click global option) and we use it for sanity checking and verification.  We don't want any emails from the system going to clients without a BCC going to our accounts team, so we know exactly what our customers are receiving.  (We've caught errors this way.)

.... other than that, this seems to be a pretty nice product.

I don't remember for sure but you may have to 'enable login' for them to receive these notices but hopefully someone else can clarify that.

For your 2nd need, you can go to 'my info' in the upper right corner when each admin is logged in and check the boxes under the 'Notices' tabs for the ones you want to receive.

11 hours ago, evolvewh said:

I don't remember for sure but you may have to 'enable login' for them to receive these notices but hopefully someone else can clarify that.

For your 2nd need, you can go to 'my info' in the upper right corner when each admin is logged in and check the boxes under the 'Notices' tabs for the ones you want to receive.

Thanks for the tip.  The key to BCC to our accounts team was Staff Groups.  Unfortunately, if there are multiple contacts, we get BCC'd on every copy sent out-- not just once.  If 3 people at the customer's side get a copy of the invoice, our team gets 3 CC's... one for each email sent to each contact.  We can live with that, I suppose-- but it would be nice in a future build if this was addressed.  Our current system puts the primary contact as the TO recipient, the secondary contact as a CC, and us as a BCC-- all on the same message.  (hint, hint, Blesta team)

But this still leaves an unsolved problem.  Assume 3 contacts:

• Owner/Account Holder:   owner@company.com
  • Billing person #1:  billing1@company.com  (additional contact)
  • Billing person #2:  billing2@company.com  (additional contact)

Both billing persons have been set up with login permissions and all items/permissions are checked/enabled.

On the main account screen, the "Address Invoices To" option is set to Billing Person #1.  

When a new invoice comes out, both billing persons (#1, and #2) get a copy of the invoice.  (good) 
The owner does not get a copy of the invoice.  (bad)

But when a payment is made, ONLY the owner gets a copy of the receipt. 
Neither billing person gets notified the payment was received.  (bad)

Any ideas?

10 hours ago, alexfufayev said:

Hi,

I would also like to join this thread as we need to CC several people.

It would be very useful to have email field for few emails separated by commas or to create a company entity.

Thanks,

Alex.

CC who for what exactly? For most, contacts work well, especially billing contacts who will receive billing related emails.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:08 PM, Paul said:

CC who for what exactly? For most, contacts work well, especially billing contacts who will receive billing related emails.

Developer and owner for example, or distribution company and manufacture. I have a couple manufacturing clients that took some sort of distribution deal, where the distributor is paying for the web hosting, but it was originally set up with the manufacturing client.  It's possible the distributor only needs to see the invoices now, but unless they tell me otherwise, I'd want to send it to both contacts, there are other reasons for multiple contact emails, some clients can be a bit confusing, emailing from multiple email addresses, and it's not clear which email is their main email, better to email all 3 of their emails if they aren't making it clear which is the one they actually check.  Maybe nitpicking, I'm just trying to get this finally set up and automated and people paying! System makes it easy to add additional phone numbers, not that I need to put any in Blesta, additional emails would be great.