Variable List for Emails

rebus9

Question

Found some docs, but didn't see a reference to available variables for email.  What's the variable to show the remaining account balance (total balance of all monies still due)?  When we send out payment receipts in our current system, we include both the payment amount, and any remaining balance due on the account overall.  

The total due and past-due amounts are shown on the client login page, so I'm assuming the total due has to be a variable available for email.

A pointer to the list of available variables would be appreciated, too.  (so I can feed for myself going forward)

6 answers to this question

Tag availability depends on the email template. For Invoice Delivery (Upaid) see https://docs.blesta.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4161679 and click Additional tags to expand. previous_due is available to the invoice, which isn't the total due for the entire account but is the amount due prior to this invoice being generated.

{invoices.0.previous_due} if I'm not mistaken would contain the previous amount due for the first invoice included in the email.

Maybe in a future build, then.  It's common for multi-service clients to have several open invoices at any given time of month.  If they owe $1250 across 4 invoices, and a $310 check comes in, we (currently) include this format in the receipt email:

Payment Received:  $310  
Balance Remaining:  $940

That was based on feedback from many years ago, where customers would often ask us how much they still owed.  When we added the Balance Remaining field, feedback was overwhelmingly positive.  I hate to lose that functionality when we cut over to Blesta next week.

14 hours ago, rebus9 said:

Maybe in a future build, then.  It's common for multi-service clients to have several open invoices at any given time of month.  If they owe $1250 across 4 invoices, and a $310 check comes in, we (currently) include this format in the receipt email:

That was based on feedback from many years ago, where customers would often ask us how much they still owed.  When we added the Balance Remaining field, feedback was overwhelmingly positive.  I hate to lose that functionality when we cut over to Blesta next week.

someone hs created a plugin called statement,  just search if in the forums or github, they have a fully statement of the client .

19 hours ago, rebus9 said:

I've created a task for us to look into this, per https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-2605 It's going to be a while before this is implemented, and would suggest looking into the statement plugin Blesta Addons mentioned.