VestaCP Module Wont Work

crand

Question

Upon trying to use VestaCP module 1.10 on the latest Blesta release I get the error:

"An internal error occurred, or the server did not respond to the request."

I've also allowed all UDP/TCP on my Debian server's firewall running VestaCP.

Also I've confirmed all module details are correct.

Can anyone confirm this is up to date and works at all with Vesta?

If so, do you have any idea what could be wrong?

7 answers to this question

Are you using Blesta v4.2.0 or greater?

After you get that error, can you look under Tools > Logs > Module (tab) and click on the top table row for VestaCP and take a look at the raw output information to see what response VestaCP replied to Blesta with. There may be a more descriptive error there.

15 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Are you using Blesta v4.2.0 or greater?

After you get that error, can you look under Tools > Logs > Module (tab) and click on the top table row for VestaCP and take a look at the raw output information to see what response VestaCP replied to Blesta with. There may be a more descriptive error there.

Yes 4.2.1

domain.com|v-add-user
a:2:{s:6:"status";s:5:"false";s:8:"response";s:64:"Failed connect to domain.com:8083; Connection refused";}

Does this answer anything other than the fact it can't connect?

P.S. the domain is the correct CNAME for VestaCP pointed at the right ip, just removed it.

Also I've pinged both IPs from each other and they can successfully ping. So I don't think it's a firewall issue.

Also edit: could the fact I'm running cloudflare / nginx on both be affecting this? I've disabled cloudflare for both domains and it's still doing it.

I've just tested provisioning a service with Vesta and it did so successfully.

Are you connecting over SSL and have a valid SSL certificate? It sounds as though the VestaCP webserver is blocking connections on port 8083 or may not be able to negotiate a proper SSL/TLS encryption algorithm to facilitate communication. You might try disabling SSL on the module to communicate insecurely for the purpose of testing whether you still encounter the same error.

8 hours ago, Tyson said:

I've just tested provisioning a service with Vesta and it did so successfully.

Are you connecting over SSL and have a valid SSL certificate? It sounds as though the VestaCP webserver is blocking connections on port 8083 or may not be able to negotiate a proper SSL/TLS encryption algorithm to facilitate communication. You might try disabling SSL on the module to communicate insecurely for the purpose of testing whether you still encounter the same error.

Did you use the self cert that vestacp makes by default?

I set my vestacp to use a lets encrypt cert manually after autoinstall.

Just curious, that could cause that perhaps.

I may try to wipe the VM and reinstall it with the auto self cert. (Only downside is its a mixed secured sign)

On 2/23/2018 at 6:12 PM, crand said:

Did you use the self cert that vestacp makes by default?

I set my vestacp to use a lets encrypt cert manually after autoinstall.

Just curious, that could cause that perhaps.

I may try to wipe the VM and reinstall it with the auto self cert. (Only downside is its a mixed secured sign)

24 minutes ago, crand said:

This amazing level of support is truly top notch.

Yes, we used the self signed cert that vestacp makes. We don't have much to go on, and we can't duplicate with our vestacp server. There may be an issue with TLS negotation, CURL, networking, or something else. All I can suggest is to try enabling error reporting and see if you get anymore details.

To enable error reporting, edit /config/blesta.php and change Configure::errorReporting(0); to Configure::errorReporting(-1); You may also wish to enable System Debug. To do so, change Configure::set("System.debug", false); to Configure::set("System.debug", true);

Be sure to change these settings back when you are done.